Patch 1.17 not available currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.17 not available currently?

Yes, the dl from civ3.com doesn´t work since yesterday, is there a special reason? Serious problems with the patch?
    It would be nice if a Firaxian could give official info about this...
    Blah

I can't play or even work with the editor since I installed the patch so my guess is I'm not the only one with problems, and they removed it.
    MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Yes, I know about problems here and there, I just think Firaxis should clarify the situation...
      Blah

Comment

They've possibly removed it until they put up a new one with the right editor included.

That patch is still DL'able though from:

The right editor is here:
        Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
        ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

I know, I already have the patch, and the improved editor

But there is currently a bit confusion in the German community, some say the patch was removed from civ3.com due to serious bugs. They say currently it is not recommended to install the patch v1.17. I simply want a clarification if this is also the official postion of Firaxis (in this case, it would be strange that the patch is still available via Firaxis.com)...
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
            Some say the patch was removed from civ3.com due to serious bugs.
            Hi Bernd, I know you are referring to me.

I didn't say it was removed BECAUSE of bugs, I stated that it was removed by Infogrames from their server (FACT) and >assumed< the reason was, that some people found the patch very problematic regarding some aspects (at least that is the best explanation to me). So i recommended to everybody with a good game running not to install the patch until we get the "final" patch 1.17...
            Last edited by ColdFever; February 16, 2002, 17:34.
            Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

I continued a game with 1.17 and haven't had any SERIOUS problems with it (knock on wood).

Indeed, it would have been appropriate if Firaxis Dan had put a note on the main and patches pages that the update had been temporarily withdrawn.

Comment

I am glad I learned my lesson after patch 1.16. I downloaded that 'broken' patch because I got to it before they realized they posted the wrong one.

One time I can forgive... people make mistakes... but doing the same thing 2 times makes me lose a little faith.

So is there any correct patch out right now? I have been debating wherther to reinstall Civ3 and try it again with these changes, but all that I read causes me to think otherwise.

-FMK.

Comment

Well yes, FMK, the mistake with the wrong editor was annoying. However, I just played the first game under 1.17 (dled it after the editor thing was solved - don´t know if the patch is a "modified" v 1.17). All works fine so far...

I have not tested the improved editor yet, I hope it runs fine too...

If only Firaxis would tell us the reason for the download problem at civ3.com...
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                    I have not tested the improved editor yet, I hope it runs fine too...
                    The patch is not improved. It is an earlier version then the one the included with the editor (that the game won't recognize)
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

The patch on Firaxis.com is the correct one. We sent the correct v1.17f patch to Infogrames on Friday (basically corrected the mistake with the wrong version of the editor) and they were going to swap the new 1.17 in. By the looks of it, someone deleted the old one but never checked to see that the new one was in place.

Unfortunately I can't update civ3.com from home so there isn't anything I can do until I get back to work on Tuesday.

Dan
                      Dan Magaha
                      Firaxis Games, Inc.
                      --------------------------

Comment

Thanks for this info, Dan.
                        Blah

Comment

For the lazy....

I hope it's cool with the mods here that I post this link.

http://www.firaxis.com./downloads_allfiles.cfm

As Dan said, the CORRECT version of the editor is included with the patch available at Firaxis.com.
                          ...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                            The patch on Firaxis.com is the correct one.
                            Thanks Dan, it is really good no have you around.

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                            Unfortunately I can't update civ3.com from home
                            civ3.com runs on an Microsoft-IIS/4.0 and your authoring software probably as well, so you possibly might be interested in this free software:

I regularly use VNC as an admin to connect to our WinNT/2K computers at work from home in case of need (there even is a client for WinPocketPC). Although a VNC connection is not very well secured, the VNC service is protected byWinNT/Win2K. So I keep the VNC service usually terminated and start it remotely via dialin just in case of need.
                            Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

Once again, some stellar QA! Thanks for giving us so much to talk about Jeff!
                              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                              X