No announcement yet.

Undocumented chages in 1.17f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In v1.17f, the military acadamy still requires a) the technology 'military tradition' b) a victorious army. The Pentagon requires 3 armies in the field.
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Nero, your work continues to amaze me, here and elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by player1
        Building & pop bombard defense is increased to 16 (was 8 in 1.16f and 4 in 1.07f).

I guess it makes even harder to kill pop & buildings.

I thought it was bad enough sending 10 waves of stealth bombers only to destroy a damn library.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Would
          Army unit gets Blitz and Zone of Control abilities
          Can anybody clarify what exactly this means? Especially the blitz part?

Nero Would: Thank you so much for putting together that list!

Comment

Ok i didn't see this mentioned in the documentation but i've just come across it.

If you change governments as a religious civ you no longer have to wait until the next turn to select the government type, it's instantaneous right after the revolution is launched, and you take on the new form of government right away.

this is a big change and a really good one!!!

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Platypus

Can anybody clarify what exactly this means? Especially the blitz part?

Blitz means you can attack multiple times. Cavalry, for instance, can attack multiple times per turn but three cavalry in an army attacks only once per turn instead of three. They say this is changed but has anyone used the patch and seen this yet?

Zone of Control is when a unit passes an enemy unit and gets fired upon without a direct confrontation, less of a big deal than blitz, which I'm thrilled about if it's true...

Comment

i know blitz works, didnt see zoc happening. i made an army of several veteran cavalrymen and i could attack multiple times with it, just like a modern armor (which also has blitz)

Comment

Originally posted by Mizaq
                  i know blitz works, didnt see zoc happening. i made an army of several veteran cavalrymen and i could attack multiple times with it, just like a modern armor (which also has blitz)
                  Nice add-on for armies.

Comment

I'm a little confused. Calvary can blitz now, or have they always been able to blitz?
                    You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by jfox
                      [Blitz means you can attack multiple times. Cavalry, for instance, can attack multiple times per turn but three cavalry in an army attacks only once per turn instead of three. They say this is changed but has anyone used the patch and seen this yet?
                      I haven't seen it in the patch, but from korn's blitz mod (which, IIRC, was the first to add blitz to armies) I can confirm that cavalry armies are able to attack multiple times. The problem - at least in Civ3 1.16 - is that any retreat costs one movement point (and movement points = no. of attacks per turn), therefore a cavalry army (3 movement points) that attacks a city with numerous defenders will only be able to attack two times per turn.

Originally posted by Playa del Carmen
                      I'm a little confused. Calvary can blitz now, or have they always been able to blitz?
                      A single cavalry still can't blitz, but an army composed of cavalry is able to blitz now.
                      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by Salvor
                        It's obviously too early to have completed anything approaching a statistically valid test, but it seems that it's now more likely to get settlers from goody huts. I started a game tonight and got 4 of them. Yes, 4 in one game. Not only that, two rival civs popped up cities suspiciously far from their base of operations, one of them close to me, which leads me to think they got goody-hut settlers, too.

Of course, it could be luck or coincidence. Only time (and maybe Firaxis eventually) will tell.
                        Now that you've mentioned it, I believe I noticed the same thing. I can't be positive though. I thought I was just being very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

It was only lost in the incorrect 1.16f
                          It still worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                            A single cavalry still can't blitz, but an army composed of cavalry is able to blitz now.
                            Ah, thank you. That makes sense.
                            You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

* Barbarians are allowed build all units except civ unique units (before they were only allowed Warriers, Horsemen and Galleys). I haven't checked to see if they really do build them.

I think this mainly affects units you get from goody huts. I found some goody huts really late in the game that hadn't been popped yet off on an isolated island and pulled a tank from one of them..

Comment

Originally posted by jfox

Zone of Control is when a unit passes an enemy unit and gets fired upon without a direct confrontation, less of a big deal than blitz, which I'm thrilled about if it's true...
                                Did you happen to notice whether it was more effective now? Before, the unit may or may not actually hit something. And if it did, it only did 1 hit point of damage. I'm really hoping they've improved it, but I haven't had a chance to see yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X