What do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you like?

What is the best thing in the readme for the new patch?

I think having Civilopedia links in the diplomacy window may be the best improvement in the whole patch.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

The two-pronged attribute of group movement and sensible unit activation order.
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

1) Fixed misspellings in Communism Civilopedia entry.
      2) It is now possible to completely suppress a city's cultural reversion with enough military units.

I can only say: woohoo!!

3) Workers on AI Automation (A/Shift+A) will now sleep in a city when there are no more actions to take. They will automatically awake when something needs to be done (such as clean pollution).

I'll have to see this in action first, but I hope it'll be good

4) Added stack movement.

Makes civ less annoying...
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Large garrisons stopping that Culture Flipping garbage.

But what happens if it does flip? Do garrisons still just "disappear"??

Comment

yeah but they won't flip. That's the point

although you probably need like 20 garrisons

Comment

Hmmm. Forgot all about the suppression of reversion in my joy for stacked movement.

Hmmm.... Awefully handy for maintaining control in those enemy capitals with wonders that you just don't want to burn down.

Hmmm....Nope. I'd have to say... The cryptic use of the English language!

As for the patch, I'll wait to play it, but Stacks and effective garrisons may well be up there.

Salve
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

This isn't in the readme.

I like that Libertarian is back!

I don't know anyone else who can say so much with so few words. Definitely contributes to my English education.
              sum dum guy

Comment

Originally posted by Assur
                1) Fixed misspellings in Communism Civilopedia entry
                That made it as your number 1 change?!?
                I know you're a Communist and all, but seriously, how much enjoyment can you get from it being written correctly?? How many times each game do you look at the entry??

Personally, my favourite changes are:
                Group movement
                Unit selection
                Workers being put to sleep...

Im just hoping that also means that more than 2 workers (if available) will clean pollution up at the same time.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by muppet
                  This isn't in the readme.

I like that Libertarian is back!

I don't know anyone else who can say so much with so few words. Definitely contributes to my English education.
                  Thank you for your kindness. Coop and I both were banned suddenly, and without warning for reasons still unknown to me. Meanwhile, another poster is allowed to call people "cheap commie ****sucker" and such.

Ironik, init?
                  "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

* Stacked movement

* Fixed bug which caused some government buildings not to function correctly (If this mean what I hope it means...)

* Improved unit activation sequence

* It is now possible to completely suppress a city's cultural reversion with enough military units.
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian

Thank you for your kindness. Coop and I both were banned suddenly, and without warning for reasons still unknown to me. Meanwhile, another poster is allowed to call people "cheap commie ****sucker" and such.

Ironik, init?
                      I wonder what hold Iron has on Mark, compromizing photos perhaps?
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

From readme:

Civ-specific units are now part of the regular upgrade chain.
                        Meaning Musketeers will actually serve some purpose?
                        "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

1) Grouped movement.
                          2) Improved unit activation sequence.
                          3) Workers being put to sleep.

One thing worries me, though: It is now possible to completely suppress a city's cultural reversion with enough military units. I wonder if culture will not become a little meaningless in the end.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Whether culture becomes irrelevant from the point of view of turning cities will depend on how smart the AI is, and how careless the player. If Soren has included awareness of culture flip potential in the AI unit building algorithm then it implies that border cities will have a much larger number of units than previously seen, which has obvious strategic implications. If not, then the human player will have a powerful advantage, as long as knowledge of the flipping rules is known.

In any case, culture will still be important for determining the borders of your civ, and therefore critical at the beginning if a neighbouring civ is trying to build cities in 'your' area.

V

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              yeah but they won't flip. That's the point

although you probably need like 20 garrisons
                              I think it will be more like 5 or so, at least i hope
                              Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Working...
                              X