No announcement yet.

God-mode cheat code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ Jeff Morris. You Firaxians implement code you don't know anything about .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think Cheat mode should be in it as it was in Civ II...enable it, everyone knows. You don't know what its like to get fustrated and not be able to nuke those damn musketeers!!! Its fun. It should be availible, but like it was in Civ II.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        LOL @ Jeff Morris. You Firaxians implement code you don't know anything about .
        Not quite... let's just say those responsible for this little dandy are no longer on the Christmas card list ...

Dan
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

Hey Dan, WE WANT WHAT CIV II HAD: a Cheat Mode.

I used it for a lot more than "cheating" such as running games automatically or switching sides.

As for Christmas cards, we'll send Valentines to anyone who gives us SCENARIO BUILDING, or are you going to stick it to the buying public with mediocre scenarios at $25 a CD?

Blessings to whoever came up with that code. It helps against your cheating AI.

BTW, be sure an upcoming patch does away with nonsense such as ocean-going galleys or warships that cannot be sunk by bombers.

Comment

Hey!

I just noticed. You can also change the production of enemy cities, and even contact their governors.

During time of war I can have them all building some Happiness projects!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
              Not quite... let's just say those responsible for this little dandy are no longer on the Christmas card list ...

Dan
              Sabotage? Subterfuge?

Tell us more.

As if.

Salve
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: Use found for Cheat Code

Originally posted by star mouse
                I have found a good use for the cheat code. The editor doesn't have a minimap when you're creating a map, so it's not possible to get a minimap to use with the map.
                It's also a great way of learning how the various civs do things. I realized while looking at the various governors last night, that someone could do a fairly good analysis of their behaviours and tactics while they're building. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience myself, so I'm hoping someone else gets the same idea and runs with it.

Comment

Dan
                  Hmmm, if that was left in, perhaps there are other 'lil dandies also left in... ??
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Dan
                    That's too bad. I wouldn't exactly call this easter-egg/cheat a terrible offence. As a programmer I would like to get away with leaving a goody or two behind...
                    -Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X