God-mode cheat code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God-mode cheat code

As reported on CivFanatics at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...185473&t=2675, a god-mode cheat code has been discovered. Simply rename any save game file 1_multipart_xF8FF_2_challenge.SAV and load it. You get full map view including all resources, all units, all cities. You can examine and rename any city. Full, complete knowledge of the world.

It does not allow the human to move AI units, change AI production, or reassign workers.

Hmmm, There must be another code that lets the programers edit the other stuff as well.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Update

You can change AI production by right-clicking on a city and choosing Change Production. You cannot change AI production from the city view screen.

Comment

How the hell did anyone figure that out? I mean, what, someone was just randomly naming files and hit upon this? Hmmm, maybe I should think about that...
        I never know their names, But i smile just the same
        New faces...Strange places,
        Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
        -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Turns out all you need is the letters "multi" in lowercase in the save name.

Comment

What geek figured that out?

Did he check in the code for the game, to se if it compared the filename with something?
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It's not perfect - I tried to force the AI governors to "never" produce settlers, but they just kept reverting.

For sick fun, though, I started every city producing wonders. I'm currently in 1500 AD with tons of fully-developed late-middle-ages cities, and they have 1-5 each.

Okay, it's cheap, but I was testing. I've let them start expanding so I can watch as they beeline RIGHT to the hidden resources and plop down their settlers. It's sick. Very sick. AI-is-no-different-than-a-human my ass.

Comment

Dudes, does it occur to anyone else that the ability to manipulate enemy production puts us one tiny step closer to being able to make scenarios? If you painstakingly micromanage production for all time, plus use any other means of influencing the AI, you might be able to arrive at some scenario-like starting conditions. (still no events )

That said, it would seem to be insanely tedious and success would be questionable at best. Any thoughts?

While I'm at it I'll add my own voice to the "How the hell did anyone figure that out?" chorus. I don't buy the coincidence explanation. I want the truth!
                "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

'I've let them start expanding so I can watch as they beeline RIGHT to the hidden resources and plop down their settlers. It's sick. Very sick. AI-is-no-different-than-a-human my ass"

I dont know if that proves anything, its quiet possible the cheat works both ways and they can see the "hidden" resources just because you can.

I am sort of curious if its somehow a bug related to dorment multiplayer code though Maybe just a coincidence that "multi" is the trigger name though.

Comment

Actually, I was in a bar in Hunt Valley some time ago, ya see.

There were these 2 guys all in black, complete with masks and gloves, ya see.

I eased over towards them and evesdropped on their conversation, ya see.

The first one mutters something to the second one and the second one says something to the effect that if they'd only saved as *multi* something or other then they'd be able to find the hidden Saki stash for the bar.

So I gets to thinkin...

Then someone dropped a spoon. I was outta there...

Salve
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Shame it doesn't let you control AI units. Then you could give all units GoTo orders for a scenario challenge. But oh well I'll wait for the next patch instead and do it properly : )
                      MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShaffer
                        Turns out all you need is the letters "multi" in lowercase in the save name.
                        Even just "multi.sav" works.
                        None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

This begs the question: Why didn't they just leave an optional cheat mode in? I mean, although I've not tried this, I assume if you rename the file the cheat mode is again disabled? This could be horribly exploited if so.

Comment

OK, I've been saying this ever since there were talks on cheats in Civ 3, but I repeat: there are cheats, it's just that they are disabled, and only Firaxians can use them. Maybe that is done because of possible multiplayer exploits. And I do like it being done.

But... how did the guy discover this originally, I wonder?
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Apparently he happened to name his save game to the first name. All it needs is multi in the name for it to work though.

Comment

Working...
                              X