Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do harbors give a resource connection or not?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do harbors give a resource connection or not?

Im playing on marlas world map. Im am the english. I own spain and north africa. All of my cities have harbors. I descided to go to war with the french, cause after all, there french. Before I did that my resources were going back and forth fine. I could build knights, and musketmen anywhere I wanted. So I declair war on the french and all of a sudden my resources get crapped. The harbors stop working. None if the harbors are blocked by french ships. Why cant I get any resources anywhere? Im gonna lose the damn war now cause the game is skrewing me over. UGH!

I could use some clarification on the blockade rule myself. If I understand it, you need an unblocked path between harbors, not just have the area around the harbors clear of enemy ships.
    Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Already got it.

Comment

Help Me! PLEASE!

Comment

Im playing on marlas world map. Im am the english. I own spain and north africa. All of my cities have harbors. I descided to go to war with the french, cause after all, there french.
          Let me buy you a drink sir! do you live anywhere near the city of Derby??

Anyway, There could be several reasons why your resources are gone. Are you sure the French didnt have a Mutual protection with some other scum like Germans??? If so they will have cancelled trade on declaration to war. Or perhaps you were trading with the French themselves??

Or, for trade to work there needs to be a visable sea route (at certain points in the game).. some squares will be sea, others will be ocean, if a row of the 'sea' squares are blocked by French Ships then you'll be cut off..
          Up The Millers

Comment

You don't have discovered Astronomy yet? If so, your trade path shall go unblocked (not through french territory) by coast tiles only.

You don't have discovered Navigaton or Magnetism yet? If so, your trade path shall go unblocked (not through french territory) by coast and sea tiles only.

Connections through ocean tiles work only after discovering Navigation or Magnetism.

So, depending what your state of science is, look, if there is a path connecting your harbors and not going through France.

Comment

Well, I dont know how I could be supplying myself at all then before I declaired war, cause it was all happening by sea before then. And I hadent discovered nav or mag or ast yet. What gives?

Comment

I tried to say that but he put it in better words
                Damn Germans, have to be so .... accurate
                Up The Millers

Comment

You have to understand the different Squares Fatboy...
                  There is COAST,SEA and OCEAN .. it is possible that there was a coastal route to your desination...
                  Right click each square in the water and have a look at what kind of square it is (sea,coast or ocean)
                  Up The Millers

Comment

not nice to call him fatboy........
                    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                      not nice to call him fatboy........
                      why not? that's 75% of his log-in, or do you dislike abbreviating?
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Does your trade route go through French territorial waters? If the French cultural zone of control extends into the coast/sea and blocks off your trade route, that could be the problem that's cutting off your harbors. Trade cannot move through enemy territory.

Comment

well, i dislike abreaviation coldwiz.

man i need the loo now....
                          eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                            I tried to say that but he put it in better words
                            Damn Germans, have to be so .... accurate
                            Thanks for calling me accurate after calling me scum.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard

why not? that's 75% of his log-in, or do you dislike abbreviating?
                              Yeah but it just sounds wierd. Not exactly what you'd go around calling people on an everyday basis. I had the same reaction at first.

Comment

Working...
                              X