Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do harbors give a resource connection or not?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop it, only my mom calls me fatboy. Anyway, according to what the krout said, I shouldnt be able to have trade over water at all regardless of the tile type because I havent discovered astronomy. Once again I ask you, what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy76
      Stop it, only my mom calls me fatboy. Anyway, according to what the krout said, I shouldnt be able to have trade over water at all regardless of the tile type because I havent discovered astronomy. Once again I ask you, what gives?
      It has nothing to do with Astronomy really, although that obviously explains your problem. Your trade route can only follow Coastal squares, and since you're at war with the French, that trade route has become blocked somehow. If you weren't trading with the French themselves, then the path that goes to the other harbour you were trading with has been blocked. If the war were to suddenly end, you would find that you can trade again.

BTW, if part of your deal was an exchange of resources, losing your route now means that you are in default, and the other civ is not going to be pleased with that. And they have been known to go to war for less.

Comment

Hey Krout, dont get me wrong here, you Germans are TOO accurate.. bloody annoying.. everything has to be perfect to the millimeter!

ps 5-1
        Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
          Hey Krout, dont get me wrong here, you Germans are TOO accurate.. bloody annoying.. everything has to be perfect to the millimeter!

ps 5-1

Well I do have a little german in me, but I have a t-shirt that best explains myself:

WARNING
          Irish Temper
          German Stubbornness

As you can see, not all germans are accurate .
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Sorry for being accurate, I just was trying to help. It won't happen again. I will try to be as inaccurate in the future as you are with your version of the word "Kraut".

But I think I can forgive you. You had to eat so much british beef during the last years, because nobody else does, and the result is obvious.

Comment

Actually I dont eat beef

Btw Ralph, can you tell me where the German obsession with being precise comes from??
              It's always puzzled me, Is it all the mathematics that went into rebuilding your Country after we destroyed it???
              Up The Millers

Comment

Uhhh... could we please get this thread on topic again. If you wish to talk about non civ III things, you can always do it in the Off topic forum... where that kind of stuff belongs.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

fatboy76, where were you getting your resources from before entering into war with the French?
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Actually I dont eat beef

Btw Ralph, can you tell me where the German obsession with being precise comes from??
                    It's always puzzled me, Is it all the mathematics that went into rebuilding your Country after we destroyed it???
                    Why are you being such a racist jerk? Has history not shown you that this stupid nationalistic superiority you're exhibiting is a waste of time? Maybe one the American posters should rub your nose in the fact that your people got thier ass kicked in America. Whatever happened to your almighty empire eh?

Comment

So much for the European Union...

I need a clarification here--I understand that a route can be blocked, but does it require actual enemy ships doing the blocking, or is having the only viable route going though enemy territorial waters sufficient?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Physical ships (or ground units, on a land route) aren't needed to block trade. If you can't trace a valid route that doesn't pass through enemy territory (including unexplored territory or trade-embargo-ing countries you're at peace with), you can't trade.

Comment

Willem, no need for to spit the dummy out pal, I was just having a joke. Some people eh
                          Up The Millers

Comment

Willem, no need for to spit the dummy out pal, I was just having a joke. Some people eh
                            It was a blatant racial slur, and I don't find that very funny. As long as those types of attitudes exist, then this world, and all the people in it, will continue to go at each others throats, and we'll continue to have war after war for no other reason than stupid national pride. Surely the English people must have learned something after what just happened in New York and Afghanistan. Or Yugoslavia. Is that the way we want to continue running this planet, or shall we put aside our differences and accept the fact that we're all on this bubble in space together?

Comment

Working...
                            X