This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just let it go...

Civ3 is not a great game nor is Civ3 the worst game ever produced. Civ3 is is a moderately good game with some nice features. Some like it, some don´t. And it´s painfully clear that it can´t be rectified in a manner to please the critics, myself included.

So why not leave it at that? I don´t play the game anymore ´cause It doesn´t do it for me, others enjoy it immensly. That´s fine by me.

What really precipitated this thread was the ugly turn the "two months has passed..." thread took at the end, c´mon it´s just a game There´s no need for namecalling and personal abuse just because you don´t like a particular game.

This is NOT intended as a trolling attempt, neither is it intended to start a flame war. It´s just a reflection I made this evening...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Re: Just let it go...

Originally posted by Kamrat X
    What really precipitated this thread was the ugly turn the "two months has passed..." thread took at the end, c´mon it´s just a game There´s no need for namecalling and personal abuse just because you don´t like a particular game.
    When I first started that thead I never thought that it'll finish in flame war.

And all I wanted is a little hit from Firaxis, or some intereting discussion about pathces, etc...

Fortunately, MarkG closed it.
    Last edited by player1; February 1, 2002, 19:21.

Comment

I think player1 didn't start this thread if he don't like the game. He spend a lot of money for the game therefore he can expect some support by Firaxis. And therefore he had the right to ask.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
        I think player1 didn't start this thread if he don't like the game. He spend a lot of money for the game therefore he can expect some support by Firaxis. And therefore he had the right to ask.
        Yes, of course he has. However, this was not directed against player1.

Comment

What would help is if the moderators would unleash the banhammer now and again.

Comment

Speaking of which, I haven't seen Lib or Shggy for awhile now...

Comment

Originally posted by SixArmedMan
              Speaking of which, I haven't seen Lib or Shggy for awhile now...
              Yeah. Why's that? Anybody?

Someone else (nato) said Lib was banned. I asked how he knew. No answer.

Salve
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I don't recall you asking me notyoueither.

Anyway those two were fighting it out in every single thread, so Mark G told them to take it outside and banned them both for a week. This occured in a normal thread in Civ General in plain view, not a big secret. I have no idea why I am repeating this twice. Maybe I was the only person reading that thread that far down...

Hows that for a quick answer? I'll have to check the forum after I get home more often ...
                Good = Love, Love = Good
                Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Wow. That's quick.

I searched. Coundn't find the posting of a ban.

So much for the truth being out there. I suc.

Salve
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Well maybe I imagined it. This was not a major event to me.

Hmm ... does this mean I have to worry about knowing too much now? I never saw anything, I swear!

Of all the coverups I could have exposed ... I'd rather have found something exciting, like who killed Kennedy, or something REALLY mysterious like what the status of Civ3 is...

Guess I'll go back to minding my own business now, and let forum stuff take care of itself ... I only responded because you mentioned me by name.
                    Good = Love, Love = Good
                    Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Hey! I just found out who killed Kennedy.

Found it. Had to dig really deep.

Salve
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                        Hey! I just found out who killed Kennedy.

Found it. Had to dig really deep.
                        Well thanks for sharing!!
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It was Lib in the book store and Yin on the grassy knoll.

Oh, and Sh*ggy was the driver.

Salve
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Lib was banned? The moderators seem a bit inconsequent ´bout the banning stuff, I can think of several people who, in that case, also should be banned.

Comment

Like who, Kam?
                              Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Working...
                              X