Any signs of the second patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any signs of the second patch?

I apologize if this has been asked several/many times recently, but is there any news concerning the second patch? Of course, if they don't introduce stacks (at least for workers because of the horrendous pollution micromanagment mid-late game), I won't really care. But since they never answered the question of whether they would include stacks or not after being asked many times, we all have to wait for the actual patch to find out.

Hasn't it been about two months since the first patch?

The next patch will likely contain multi-player, and they won't release the patch until they've finished working on that feature... I think. In either case you'll hear about it first on www.civ3.com
    MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

I could care less about multiplayer.

Let Firaxis GET RIGHT the game they already sold us first. It will take several patches to even come close to doing that.

FIRAXIS:

1. Less corruption.
      2. Smarter AI.
      3. Naval units can effect trade and commerce.
      4. Less culture flipping and no vanishing garrisons.
      so much more. . .

I could go on. Just read the complaint threads, Sid. And get it right next time.

Comment

mp will be in xp

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMan
          The next patch will likely contain multi-player, and they won't release the patch until they've finished working on that feature... I think. In either case you'll hear about it first on www.civ3.com
          Huh?? Did they not make this game without MP? Then why should everyone who paid $$ have to wait until MP comes out? I think we should have it now

Nuff Said!

Comment

Just what I wanted to ask

Well they could release the next build to us now...

or at least tell us approximate date of next patch, MP is coming in Spring that means at least 2 months wait I guess we should get another patch in between.

Thant would be nice
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

If I remember correctly, we didn't get a list of fixes until after the first patch was released. So, I don't expect we'll know what's on it, until the 2nd patch is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Encomium
                I could care less about multiplayer.

Let Firaxis GET RIGHT the game they already sold us first. It will take several patches to even come close to doing that.

FIRAXIS:

1. Less corruption.
                2. Smarter AI.
                3. Naval units can effect trade and commerce.
                4. Less culture flipping and no vanishing garrisons.
                so much more. . .

I could go on. Just read the complaint threads, Sid. And get it right next time.
                They did get it right. I like it the way it is and play the game straight up. Also, 1 and 4 can be adjusted in the editor. Indeed, you can create a Wonder that puts a Palace in every city if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilas
                  Huh?? Did they not make this game without MP? Then why should everyone who paid $$ have to wait until MP comes out? I think we should have it now
                  Nuff Said!
                  I'm not even sure I understand your post.

The game box doesn't say anything about MP. If they want to charge for enhancements, that is the way of the world. If you don't want to buy it, don't.

I currently pay $10 a month just to play Asherons Call and to pay for updates. I would cheerfully pay a subscription for monthly updates to Civ, as well. I don't expect the gamemakers to work for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachriel

They did get it right. I like it the way it is and play the game straight up. Also, 1 and 4 can be adjusted in the editor. Indeed, you can create a Wonder that puts a Palace in every city if you want.
                    I didn't realize we had any control over the flipping. What are the adjustment areas available? I have a brother who would love to know, me I could care less.

Comment

I'd settle for a functional editor, you know, one that will let you do wild and crazy stuff like *MAKE A SCENARIO* or even *SET STARTING LOCATIONS*!! I know, crazy, crazy.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Originally posted by Zachriel

I'm not even sure I understand your post.

The game box doesn't say anything about MP. If they want to charge for enhancements, that is the way of the world. If you don't want to buy it, don't.

I currently pay $10 a month just to play Asherons Call and to pay for updates. I would cheerfully pay a subscription for monthly updates to Civ, as well. I don't expect the gamemakers to work for free.
                        LOL!!! Now I have heard everything! Paying for patches! More power to you man.. send the money to Firaxis so they can patch the game! I figure 1 patch a month for 6 to 12 months and along the way a couple of expansion packs for about 20$ a piece I think they will love you indeed!

Peace

Comment

LOL!!! Now I have heard everything! Paying for patches! More power to you man.. send the money to Firaxis so they can patch the game! I figure 1 patch a month for 6 to 12 months and along the way a couple of expansion packs for about 20$ a piece I think they will love you indeed!

Peace
                          Patches are usually free, as they correct problems with existing features. Indeed, Civ3 has been provided free patches and may have more on the way.

Updates are generally not free, and yes, I would be glad to pay for an enhanced version of the game.

Comment

Surely you don't mean 'updates' which actually add the functionality that is promised on the game box do you? Do you think we should pay to 'update' the editor so that it actually does something?

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Nuff Said!
                              You should checkk out this thread. In fact everyone should.

Comment

Working...
                              X