Does the AI use espionage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Libertarian
    Well, what the heck, Shaggy? We're all here just guessing at this and a bazillion other questions. I know you think Firaxis is the Great And Powerful Oz, but all we see are men behind a curtain. And they like to keep it shut.
    Still you stonewall.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Stonewall?

You mean you want a wild-ass guess from me to go along with yours and Ironik's?
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Fact: the AI occasionally gets busted attempting to plant spies in my cities.

Fact: Cities occasionally flip in a pattern consistant with that of when I use propaganda.

Conclusion: Yeah, the AI probably uses propaganda too.

No need for you to make guesses, Lib. I think you should stick with being a crybaby. It's your real strength.

Let me know if you need this post explained to you.
        Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Espionage is a waste of time.

Too expensive; too ineffective.

Even lowering costs in Editor doesn't make it worthwhile.

I've had failed atempts to expose a mole a dozen times in a row on different turns in different games.

If the AI uses Espionage it just proves again how STUPID it still is.

Comment

Originally posted by Encomium
            I've had failed atempts to expose a mole a dozen times in a row on different turns in different games.
            And you ended up at war, I assume. Did it occur to you that the AI may not have placed a spy?

Yeah, the AI is the stupid one.
            Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Yes, the AI uses espionage, to some degree or another. I've had the advisor inform me of spies being caught in my cities. Seems to happen more often when I have the intelligence agency.

Any other answer is speculation, unless it comes from the developer (and I wouldn't hold your breath on that one).

By the way, why is it every thread seems to spawn a catfight between ****gy and Libertarian?
              Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Because Libertarian cant stand NOT talking about how stupid civ3 is!

Must be some sort of addiction to the forums. If I dont like the game, man I really wouldnt be here anymore. But of course opinions differ and some people like to

ata

Comment

Ah, Libertarian makes life on the forum interesting. The hurt boy soothing his demons by trying to make positive players unhappy.

Encomium is a picante touch too; the fool who thinks he knows the game, spreading lies and cursing Firaxis instead of his own stupidity.
                  MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Just the plain message "we caught an enemy spy...blah whatever" does not mean the ai is actually obtaining anything from similar espionage actions. Maybe it just gets the techs via a stupid logarithm ..."Oh the ai lacks 10 of the known techs (that means the player has those 10)...hmm I(the programm) declare the tech radio as common knowledge and give it to the ai"...this way I would never have the chance to catch any spies and those messages are actually just show-off-messages with no purpose.

Comment

My spies were never caught until now, once they were established. We must assume that many spies are working in our capitals. The only information they obtain are the Military Advisor ones, I assume. And, well, who really cares? The A.I. can obtain any information it wants from the next data array in the game memory.

Comment

Working...
                      X