Does the AI use espionage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the AI use espionage?

I havent ever caught the AI yet stealing any of my maps or techs or such. I dont even have ever caugt a mole of them.
    I mean I have tried often to expose an enemy mole, but it never worked (although I had chosen the most expensive option). To mee this seemed like there wasnt any.

Sometimes espionage comes in handy. For example to check out defending troops in a city.
    Or having a spy is great benefit as it allows you to view the number of his forces in the military advisor.
    But anything else I dont use them much.

ata

Re: Does the AI use espionage?

Originally posted by Atahualpa
    I havent ever caught the AI yet stealing any of my maps or techs or such.
    I remember some messages telling me that a spy has been captured in one of my cities trying to do something, so the AI has to use espionage. But I doubt there will be a message telling you that an agent was successful in trying to steal your plans secretly...
    Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

I have gotten messages that I have caught spies trying to be planted and spies trying to steal tech. I have also succeeded when trying to root out spies in my capital with my own spies, which means the AI had successfully planted them.

So, yes, the AI uses espionage.

Comment

Hmm Ive heard a couple of guys complaining about the AI cheating to gain new techs....
        So is their use of Espionage only something to annoy us or really a method for them to win the game?
        I mean does the AI use Espionage-techn. like Sabotage or something like that?

Btw. hey coldfever guess who is also living in Luebeck (at least sometimes)?

Comment

The AI never has enough money to use espionage as i have it all (2,500 gold per turn ) bet they tone down the prices the AI will buy techs at in the next patch. I never use espionage myself any way - I have better uses for the money. Its one of the many game imbalances that suggest rushed development and play testing.

Comment

okay that answers my questions thanx for the replies

Planting a Spy is IMO very important before deciding to be friendly or not

ata

Comment

Spies are ridiculously important in order to figure out if you want to invade someone in late-game. I try to steal techs if I'm far behind or to gain vital tech advances a few turns early (i.e. armor, spaceship parts, etc.) and I sometimes investigate cities during war to see what I'm up against. That's about it though, the other things are pretty pointless and way too expensive.

Comment

Once in a while propaganda is useful for getting one of those small cities the AI likes to build in areas remote from its capital and nearer to mine.

I think the AI also uses propaganda to encourage city flips, but I have no way of knowing for certain.
                Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Gee, thanks, Ironik. When we need more wild-ass guesses, we'll call you.
                  "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                    Gee, thanks, Ironik. When we need more wild-ass guesses, we'll call you.
                    And when we need boneheaded opinions we'll call you.

But in truth it does seem that the AI does use propaganda when they take a city and their treasury drops appropriately.
                    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I like your logic. Reminds me of the man who mixed whiskey with water and got drunk. The next day, he mixed rum with water and got drunk. The third day, he mixed vodka with water and got drunk. Since water was the common element each time, he concluded that water was making him drunk.

Comment

I like your logic. Reminds me of the man who mixed whiskey with water and got drunk. The next day, he mixed rum with water and got drunk. The third day, he mixed vodka with water and got drunk. Since water was the common element each time, he concluded that water was making him drunk.
                        I'm sorry to here your confusion about water, but you still have yet to address the question in this thread. Maybe you have had too much water today.
                        Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

The question? [...shrug...] Maybe we could try Miss Cleo.

Comment

The question? [...shrug...] Maybe we could try Miss Cleo.
                            I love how you show your intelligance
                            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Well, what the heck, Shaggy? We're all here just guessing at this and a bazillion other questions. I know you think Firaxis is the Great And Powerful Oz, but all we see are men behind a curtain. And they like to keep it shut.

Comment

Working...
                              X