The typical Civ III player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird way to draw billy
    drumming a point home doesn't work if the intended audience do not wish to listen
    although a newbie i am already erring on the side of the 'anti-whiners' when it comes to the plethora of wishlist/where's the update posts

Comment

Originally posted by Flight
      weird way to draw billy
      drumming a point home doesn't work if the intended audience do not wish to listen
      although a newbie i am already erring on the side of the 'anti-whiners' when it comes to the plethora of wishlist/where's the update posts
      Actually, I thinking more in the terms of what units and buildings I want to build. I want those 1 shields cities to produce tanks yesterday!

I suggest that an admin top this for a week or so at least.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Ohhh, yeah. Plenty of this guy on these boards.

Comment

Re: The typical Civ III player?

Originally posted by Expatriate
          I think this is the guy:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Oh, c'mon Libertarian, I think the game sucks too, but I still think the cartoon was really funny, and, in its way, appropos. I saw a bit of myself in that.
          Last edited by cavebear; January 24, 2002, 22:33.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

While it was quite uncomfortable for me to have to sit in the studio while the computer tried to capture my signature head and hand movements, I am overall please at the faithful reproduction of my voice.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Re: The typical Civ III player?

Originally posted by Expatriate
              I think this is the guy:

Excellant!! Sure captures the mood of a few people around here, that's for sure!

Comment

Re: Re: The typical Civ III player?

Originally posted by cavebear

ROTFLMAO!!!

Oh, c'mon Libertarian, I think the game sucks too, but I still think the cartoon was really funny, and, in its way, appropos. I saw a bit of myself in that.

Yes, I also think the game SUCKS.

But didn't that guy have an Irish accent?? Seemed like it.

Comment

But didn't that guy have an Irish accent??
                  Nah, it was Scottish. That was Billy Connolly, one of the (imho) finest comedians around.

Comment

Originally posted by OneInTen
                    Nah, it was Scottish. That was Billy Connolly, one of the (imho) finest comedians around.
                    Damn, that was so funny my stomach hurt, really! I so recognize this caricarture in many people -- myself especially. I can understand that Firaxis views us like that guy sometimes, especially perhaps that Ex... something who always brings up bombers vs boats.

For all of us non-brits, who is Billy Connolly?

Btw, if anyonw want to download the cartoon:

Enter the url in GetRight, or create a html-document with the above link, then dl from internet explorer.
                    MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Too funny!

This definitely made me put things in perspective after posting another request for the game, like two minutes ago.

A+

Thanks for the laugh!
                      "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

"Listing 10 or more items in a thread and asking for them now"

Seriously, can you quote anyone who demanded something NOW. I think most people here are reasonable. Generally everyone is understanding of the time it takes to do stuff. The only problem is that we have no feedback about anything.

Comment

Geez, while most people here seem to get the point there are a few that miss it. Its a caricature and therefore an extreme. Offcourse Libertarian doesnt swing his arms around and shout in Sid Meier's face, and the guy in the cartoon is an extreme example. Its just that sometimes extremes are a good way to illustrate a point!

Yin, Im glad you like the faithfull reproduction. I didnt make that cartoon myself, but Im sure the producer had you in mind
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kimmygibler
                            "Listing 10 or more items in a thread and asking for them now"

Seriously, can you quote anyone who demanded something NOW. I think most people here are reasonable. Generally everyone is understanding of the time it takes to do stuff. The only problem is that we have no feedback about anything.
                            Actually, plenty of people have complained that certain features werent in the original release. Thats basically the same as demanding them yesterday.
                            Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kimmygibler
                              The only problem is that we have no feedback about anything.
                              Thats because there are 1 of 2 things happening over at firaxis HQ.

1: They are too busy inserting 1,001 suggestions for the game, only having to find out we changed our demands the next day.
                              2: They are too busy eating chips, drinking coke and looking up websites
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                                Four unanswered threads. Ten or more ignored items. And who is pissed off other than the fanboys? Surely, you do not compare the ethical implications of our passionate pleadings with your wolfpack tactics.
                                And thats the true sin, that they aren't taking the time to respond to you. I mean a real business would always respond
                                to a customer with complaints, especially ones put in the tone
                                I see so often in the forum.

For example, the local bar would throw you out..........

Comment

Working...
                                X