Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did they get rid of farmland irrigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the removement of farmland got is rid of a lot of micromanagement.
    I'm happy that it's out.

You had to keep on moving around with settlers into eternity.
    It's one of the things that makes gameplaying easier and less micromanagement is needed, without losing anything.

The only surpluss of farmland is more micromanagement.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      the removement of farmland got is rid of a lot of micromanagement.
      I'm happy that it's out.

You had to keep on moving around with settlers into eternity.
      It's one of the things that makes gameplaying easier and less micromanagement is needed, without losing anything.

The only surpluss of farmland is more micromanagement.
      Well if the Workers weren't such a pain when they're automated, or if they could be more specialized, that wouldn't be an issue. Just set 'em up and send them on their way, and you wouldn't have to worry about them ever again. There's only a couple of commands that I will use now, Ctrl-N, and Shift-J. Anything else and they tend to do stupid things. (No I don't want you to cut down the Forest I just finished planting!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar1011
        I have had a city up to size 37, but it starved back down to size 36. Had a city up to size 63 in Civ 2, but I had tweaked the rules. I miss farmland too, it looked cool.
        I also think farmland looked cool. My largest city in Civ 2 was over 200 and growing like a weed! There was a glitch in one of my games that caused some squares to produce their normal amount of food plus 100!!! Similar things happened with trade and shields. Even with a horde of Settlers, the pollution was still unmanageable.

Comment

Working...
        X