MOHonor starring in "What I Believe!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOHonor starring in "What I Believe!"

I believe...that when I buy a computer game I'm buying much more than the software. I'm buying a bunch of new friends at the game company who won't ignore me like real people. They are to be nice to me no matter what I say. They need to tell me I'm valuable and do a good job even while I'm very unpleasant to them. They and me are friends forever........or at least until I buy my next game and go to THAT forum.

I believe...that computer games are the most important things in the world and am completely depressed when they don't match my fevered fantasies. When they don't it is my God given right to stalk and harass the people who made the game and anyone who disagrees with me even by one milimeter. I am right and it's a tremendous failure on everyone elses part for not recognizing it.

I believe...that people like yin26, jimmytrick and libertarian contribute more to this community than deluded people like korn and velycroyx who actually stay on topic and create things for other people to enjoy. It's more important that the game company is too scared to say anything because if they do they'll be grilled and interogated. This makes sure they know who their boss is even though I always pirate software and didn't give them any money or anything.

I believe...everything I read on the internet, scary european game magazines, and things I dream while crying myself to sleep at night because I am lonely. Any information I so gleen instantly becomes a deep heartfelt promise from Sid Meier directly to me. Like a blood oath or something.

I believe...that game forums are a hotline to the company whose game it covers. Stupid talk about how to win or making maps or what have you doesn't make me feel any better so those guys are wasting their time. Forums exist for me to yell at people I don't know and demand they stroke my ego and say what a valuable human being I am. Even weird greek forums.

My name is MOHonor...and this is "What I Believe!"
    MOHonor - PJP

"Better ingredients make a better pizza" - Papa John

I believe you are wrong
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Comment

i believe you're hilarious!

Comment

I believe people like you should be pummeled repeatedly.

Wake me up when they start making the List for Civ 4.
        "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

i believe a firaxian will mail the url of this thread to the entire team
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I dont believe in very many things, but I do believe your post was hilarious.

Comment

Can anyone write a tune to go with this? This could be a hit song!
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Testify!

Not a song - just imagine Martin Luther King Jr. saying this in the same tone as his "I have a dream" speech.

Hallelujah!

/applause/
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Well, I took inventory and found that I played 25 games in 2001. And yet, the only forum I 'stalk' is this one. Why? Because Firaxis makes it so much fun. They are a walking disaster zone of just the right amount of hubris and excessive amounts of incompetence.

Of the 25 games I played, most were trash. Deleted and moved on. But they didn't pretend to be anything other than momentary time-killers, so they fulfilled their tiny role over a few weekends.

But when something like Civ3 is put out by people like the ones at Firaxis with more smoke than could be blown up all our collective butts ... what can I say? Watching the creators hide away from the 'pain' of these boards is hilarious to me. And it's free entertainment!

No less hilarious, of course, is the fanboy ... who finds smoke up his backside to be rather stimulating.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I believe civ3 is the greatest game ever created.

Comment

I believe people like you should be pummeled repeatedly.
                      i believe that some people don't appreciate good sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                        Watching the creators hide away from the 'pain' of these boards is hilarious to me.
                        it's wonderfull what kind of information on can see at user profiles. Dan Magaha's average is 0.73 posts/day. this means that today's amount of 2 posts is 2.7 times more than the usual! could that mean his "hiding days" are over?

i believe it's a great gift if you can laugh with jokes targeted at you
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I believe that Prozac should be more widely prescribed.

Dan
                          Dan Magaha
                          Firaxis Games, Inc.
                          --------------------------

Comment

Yep... Those folks from Firaxis keep hiding from the "pain" on these boards
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A greater gift is not twisting piddly forum stats to make an irrelevant remark: Both Dan and Jeff have called the General forum a 'zoo.' Jeff lauds the use of the ignore button. Dan often claims how 'useless' it is to talk with people 'who have already made up their minds.' Which means: Practically anybody who has rightful criticism of this piss-ant PR and disgusting beta release.

Hey, I don't blame them for finding the few places on this site that still simulate a happy atmosphere cause it sure ain't the General forum, that's for sure.

Like I said: I enjoy NOT seeing them on the General forum. For any number of reasons. And just the thought that any of my threads or posts at any given time have made those two guys want to avoid coming here makes me laugh. Honestly. Laugh.

Hey, but did I say that my posts have had that effect? No. But a number of fanboys lay that claim down all the time, so there you go.
                              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                              X