Automated Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Workers

I've played Civ, Civ2, and SMAC, and I have to say that this is the first game in which they finally got the automated workers (settlers, engineers, formers) to work properly. I read all these threads complaining about late game micromanagement, and I agree... but at the same time... not since the first game I played have I EVER had to tell a worker what to do. Once my borders are safe, I set them all to automate and never even look at them again.

Good job Firaxis, you've fixed one of the most annoying parts of all the (real) Civ games.

So, you just let pollution lie and fester, zat it?
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

No, I've never had pollution last more than one turn. By the time I start building factories, almost all my terrain has been fully upgraded and there seem to be plenty of workers to clean up the pollution. Whenever pollution occurs, I see 3-4 workers pile onto it without me having to do anything. I guess if you have serious pollution problems you'll want to give ten or a dozen workers the Automate Clean Up Pollution Only command, but I've only ever had to do that once.

Comment

TinCow -
        I think that the AI only puts 2 units/pollution square, no matter how many you have patrolling for pollution.

I do generally agree though, they seem to get the job done, even if it takes a long time with lots of workers.

Comment

Working...
        X