What do you play now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Champ Manager? Just curious
    Championship Manager - a football (or "soccer" to some) manager game. Highly addictive..

I play EU2 btw. Will maybe get CivIII soon (if the response to the patches are good)
    --
    Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
    Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Given up on TBS, but only for the time being (until MOO3 and HOMM4 come out, and EUII got a few more patches).

Currently I play Galactic Battlegrounds. It´s a (greatly) improved AoK set in the Star Wars Universe. And no, Venger, it´s not just click-click , the game has a lot of tactical depth, beating some other games I could mention by leaps and bounds in that department.

For those not familiar with the AoK/GB system: Units have values for Attack, Range, Armour against close combat weapons, Armour against ranged weapons, Hitpoints, Speed; each unit category has specific advantages/disadvantages against each other unit category; new techs not just give you new units, they also add modifiers to existing ones, making them superior to the same unit without the tech. At the end of the day, combat results are what you would expect; wish I could say that of every TBS.
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

EU2 6-8 hours a day. Also playing some HOMM3 and MM6-8 again, waiting for HOMM 4. Civ is still installed, hoping for a patch that makes it fun.

Comment

I got EU2 for xmas and its all i've been playing... i definitely think i'm addicted...

Comment

61% still play Civ 3. (Unscientific poll)

Kind of shoots down the theory that most people have quit Civ3.
            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

But compared with what? Maybe Havard or one of the other EU2 fans could do a similar poll on their forum and then you'd get a better idea of how addictive Civ3 is.

Comment

I'm still playing civ III but once this current game is finished I'm planning to head back to Civ II multiplayer.

I just feel like I'm wasting my time playing civ III because of the yawning flaws in gameplay.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I've been messing around with Capitalism 2 and Flight Simulator 2002. They both have rather demanding up-front learning curves, which is not fitting into my 2 gaming hours/night schedule very well. So while I inch my way through those games, I fire up some Virtual Pool 3 and have some no-brainer throughly entertaining attempts to increase my ranking.

Civ3? Hey, let's get serious. Maaaybe come Gold Edition the thing will be worth another look.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Like many I've not played Civ 3 for a while. Not because I don't like it but I just can't be bothered with it. I'll play it again though without doubt.

I was playing RTCW but finished that. So it's back to Deus Ex (the best game ever imo) and CM 01/02 while I wait for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault to be released.

Comment

Still love Civ3 despite some minor issues. I for one am not ashamed to admit that this title will probably stay on my hard drive for quite some time, even when MOO3 comes out! (Which I intend to buy of course!)

However today I learned of a new WW2 scenario for Civ2 ToT. Definately will give it a try tonight. I found it on Civfanatics.com check it out.
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I'm now playing risk2. does that count as a tbs game? because I can play simultaneous movement in risk 2. kind of takes the T out of TBS

Comment

Given up on TBS, but only for the time being (until MOO3 and HOMM4 come out, and EUII got a few more patches).
                          Are these all turn based strategy games? I was under the impression that at least two of these were RTS games. I would like to see another turn based strategy game since I enjoy them a lot. For some reason the shops I go to never have any that I can see.

Comment

Combat Mission

Comment

I still play Civ3 but with the Driefel-mod. But it´s so sloooow with the huge map and all so I will go back to SMAC/X as soon as I get it back from my buddy. Besides that I love Monkey Island/Grim Fandango I can play them again just for the laughs Also History of the World (the computerized boardgame) Balls of Steel (Pinball)

I´ve also dabbled with Tiberian Sun, Dune 2K and Starcraft. But I just get stressed out of my skull with real time stuff

Oh! I almost forgot the Gold Edition of Civ2, the dinosaur scenario is a real side splitter But why isn´t there a Russian Revolution/Civil War scenario? I also want to shoot the tsar and gun down the Kronstadt sailors
                              Last edited by Zoid; January 15, 2002, 16:19.
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                I'm now playing risk2. does that count as a tbs game? because I can play simultaneous movement in risk 2. kind of takes the T out of TBS
                                So Risk2 is just BS, is that what you´re saying?
                                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                                X