Gone back to Civ 1/2
    7.14%
    Gone back to SMAC
    8.57%
    Gone back to CtP 1/2
    5.71%
    Given up on TBS
    17.86%

Originally, I said it as a joke. But my wife wants to play Myst 3. I'm sincerely considering joining her. So I guess I'm giving up on TBS.
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

I'm boycotting Civ3 until my problem of the game crashing in the middle of the AI turn is solved.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I am not really addicted to Civ III as I once where when I bought Civ I. At the moment I play Championship Manager 01/02, but I think I will return to Civ III when I want TBS.

Comment

I'm playing (and so far enjoying) CTP2. I have the latest Cradle mod, and the game has a MYRIAD of options, goods, techs, wonders, and units. It's very rich. The interface and options aren't as intuitive as I'd like, but overall the fast graphics, FAR superior combat, and depth of options have made it more fun than Civ3 ever was. Oh, jury still out on public works. Alot of people hate micromanaging settlers, but public works has it's own bit of micromanagement.

Also have SMAC which I played for a few minutes (forgot how fun the interface was, with the sci-fi popup windows and such). Will play it more with time.

Bought Empire Earth only to discover it's just a real pretty Age of Empires. The box said you can play it like a TBS - nope, it's mine, build, and click, ad infinitum. Who enjoys those games?

Bought the kids loads of games I'll be playing too. Got them Sim City 3000 Unlimited (too advanced them I think, makes Civ3 look ike Tic Tac Toe), Kingdom Under Fire (my boy loves it), Dark Reign II (cool clickfest RTS), Mechwarrior 4 with force feedback joystick (kinda hard to control but cool), Monster Truck Madness with force feedback wheel (haven't tried it yet), Heavy Gear II, Stratosphere, Darkstone, Battlezone II, Invictus, some others I am forgetting. A buttload of games that I'll eventually burn and play myself just to check out...

But I ain't playing Civ3 until at least another patch comes out.

Venger

Comment

NONE OF THE ABOVE

I am playing EU when I play anything. After Civ3 I am so bummed out on PC games I am thinking of taking piano lessons.

Comment

It seems like most of us still play Apolyton the most.
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Ask the same question 6 months later! You'll have a surprise!

Comment

ill be playing RTS until moo3 comes out
                  Diablo II and Tiberian Sun still take up my weekends when the wife is asleep

Comment

I played a few games of Civ 3 (although only one up to the modern era) and found it just doesn't grab me like Civ 2 did. I couldn't put my finger on it but after reading these forums the reason for that is probably because it is more than just one thing that reduces the overall enjoyment. When the patch came out I literally loaded it up for 5 minutes to see what was different and then quit again and I haven't played since.

But I ain't playing Civ3 until at least another patch comes out.
                    I can see myself doing the same, but not because I actually want to stop playing Civ 3 for whatever reason...but because it just doesn't make me want to play it. Kind of a relief I guess after many a late night trying to tear myself away from Civ 2

P.S. I am one of the few people it seems who hasn't managed to beat Civ 2 on all levels.

Comment

Aliens versus Predator 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Mechwarrior 4, and a little Fallout Tactics.

Fraid civ lost my interest. It was fun for a while though.
                      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

i got civ3, played it for 3 weeks, awed at the unit animations and terrain graphics. Then i began to realize it wasnt very fun. Everything took too long, and i lost several games due to crashes that kept occuring at the same place. So i went back to playing tiberian sun, and found that it was still as fun as it had been when i first got it (thats more than i can say for civ3) and then i got HL Counterstrike and ive been playing that. Havent even played a civ game for almost a month. So i guess ive pretty much given up on TBS, unless some really good patch for civ comes out and fixes the tedium, combat, and city flipping.
                        The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

I'm waiting for Russo-German war(tbs) to arrive in the mail. I doubt I'll play Civ3 again... Played Unreal Tour. the last two nights, but I'm pretty sick of that as I've been playing it for two years.

I LOVE TBS, but I don't like Civ3.

Comment

Been playing a lot of Counterstrike and Day of defeat (Half life mods) lately, civ 3 is ok, but everything takes forever and a day and then it crashes
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Of course Civ3, I like the game. Sure there is much room for improvement, but generally it is good Still play Civ2, mainly because of the scenarios. I wish we could do similar things with Civ3...
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X