No announcement yet.

Do you like to play Civ III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good poll to have, to cut through the overly loud crowd of whiners(self-declared constructive critics ) who say it sucks and they have put it on the shelf(yeah right, what are they still doing around here? ).

The game has a few rough edges and the editor leaves a few things to be desired(but it also allows near total balancing of units and stuff and other manipulations of such sorts) for those making scenarios. Nevertheless a lot of us are hopelessly addicted to this game and are thoroughly enjoying it.

Comment

That's gotta be a big YES .

I don't know what all the whining and griping is all about. I still have complete confidence in Firaxis' abilities/intentions to fix the issues that undoubtedly are with this game. They were pushed to an early release by a greedy publisher. Let's not make Firaxis suffer for that.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Raion You might have to turn off or turn on the "Num Lock" key to move the units, can't remember which, but I know it works, usually I am just using the mouse since you can just left click on the square as long as it is not in the dark, and have a unit move there by holding down the left mouse button until you get the path set by the computer game, a computer game, a real computer game.

I already tried that on the laptop, but I'll give it another shot asap on the new computer. Thanks for the tip. Another problem for me with mouse movements is that I have a years-long habit of clicking on the map for changing the view over a small distance. However, this has as a consequence that I sometimes click too long and a unit moves unwanted. Also, I didn't found a key like in SMAC and Civ2, namely the 'v', which prevents units from moving and giving you the chance to look at everything without interference. So really, my biggest problem with Civ3 until now is the IMHO bad interface.

M@ni@c
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

It's great, I play it all the time. IMHO it's the best Civ so far.
          BUT... it still needs fixes.

Comment

Working...
          X