Do you like to play Civ III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like to play Civ III?

A simple question: in the end, when all is said and done, do you like to play Civ III?

Robert
    Yes.
    76.09%
    No.
    23.91%
    A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Yeah, it's good, I think people just need a little time to adjust to the game style, since it's much different to Civ 2,
    Alex

Comment

What kind of question is this?
      Of course I like it! It's Civ!!!

And look at the poll: 100% YES!
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well, I'm sorry, but the answers are simply too much black or white for me to answer.
        You ask to answer only "yes" or "no" without any difference between a "YES of course this game is the best thing ever happened on Earth !" and a "Yes, but barely, too much flaws and tedium to be fully enjoyable".
        Considering that we are on a Civilization 3 forum, what such a question can give but an overwhelming number of "yes" ?
        I admit I don't really see the point of the poll here.
        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

yes, but only if i can't find something better to do (post at PROT, stare at the ceiling, etc.)
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yes, but if they changed a few things and added some features to reduce late game tedium, it would be a resounding yes, and would end up being a game I continue to play as opposed to play a few times and then shelf when something new comes out.

Comment

Truthfully, in the last several years Civilization (II, CtP, III) have almost literally been the only computer games I play.

Civ3 is NOT always fun, but that's because sometimes the game can be challenging (or at least anxiety producing)!

I spend a couple hours on it most every day, much more on weekends.

Comment

I answered "No" but for the moment I've only played it a few hours on the laptop of my brother. Tomorrow my new computer arrives, so I'll see better then if I wasted my money or not...

There were two things that I found enormously irritating. First and foremost: that '"§!ç('('"(=(!§/%|#@|#{^ Back-to-Civ-I combat system; they deleted the Civ2 Hitpoint and Firepower system. Second, for some odd reason the arrow keys didn't move my units but scrolled the screen. I had to move with the mouse which slowed things down tremendously. I hope this was a problem only with that laptop.

M@ni@c
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

people tend to overcomplicate things. It is a simpler question. yes or no.

but perhaps is should read: Do you play civ3? Yes or No. It is that simple folks. I sure hope you guys are smart enough to not play a game that you hate.

Comment

Well, an astounding "Hell, Yes!"

Duh!

After playing some other games, CIV III seems like a computer game again!

You might have to turn off or turn on the "Num Lock" key to move the units, can't remember which, but I know it works, usually I am just using the mouse since you can just left click on the square as long as it is not in the dark, and have a unit move there by holding down the left mouse button until you get the path set by the computer game, a computer game, a real computer game.

Comment

No, I have stopped playing it.

It doesn´t compare favourably even to the much older ImperialismII.

After ImperialismII and Europa Universalis, an overhauled CivI simply doesn´t cut it. Seriously.
                      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

No, I've only had the game for a few weeks and I'm very very sick of it. Totally lame, I hate it.

Comment

no, not anymore.

Its not fun I dont play it.
                          Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Yes, but not as much as I should have. But it is civ, drawbacks or not.

Though because of this forum I am now enjoying a new lease of life with my previously discarded CTP2, which has now been modded up.

Comment

no, not anymore.

Its not fun I dont play it.
                              Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Working...
                              X