No announcement yet.

Bug? Easter egg? Big map on first move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug? Easter egg? Big map on first move.

Zoom out, save your first turn, reload, and you get this:

"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Hmmm...interesting.I'll say bug.You can bet it will be gone in the next patch.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

When u do that do u get the entire map or just what is on your screen?

Comment

Just what's on the screen. If you zoom back in or move anything, it disappears.

Comment

It's an undocumented feature. And a good one at that. It allows you to make sure that the game will even be playable, i.e. you aren't completely surrounded by jungles or mountains.
          Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Executor
            It's an undocumented feature. And a good one at that. It allows you to make sure that the game will even be playable, i.e. you aren't completey surrounded by jungles or mountains.
            LOL!

Oh man...

-Alech
            "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Originally posted by Executor
              It's an undocumented feature. And a good one at that. It allows you to make sure that the game will even be playable, i.e. you aren't completely surrounded by jungles or mountains.
              or a "cheat" as we mortals say
              Fool me once, shame on you.
              Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

Good find !

... but if you're saving after one turn and reloading, why not go the whole hog: retire and see the whole map that way !

Comment

I've noticed other wierd graphics, especially with navy ships, on the patched version. Sometimes the screen will paint a large block rather than the notmal fogged view - only happens with the patch.

I imagine this was part of the Nvidia "fix"... though your problem may be different.

Venger

Comment

Venger, what do you mean by "large block"? Do you mean lots of tiles or what?

Comment

I did report this in the official bug list. It happens everytime you load a map that doesn't reach the edges of the FOW while zoomed out. You get to see the old map without FOW until you move.
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                      X