No announcement yet.

Population Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we're just discussing things that are wrong with the game, like everyone else on this forum. one thing that's wrong with the game now is the stupid city population #'s. they look HORRIBLE.

IMO, the idea of leaving them all white is the best.

So let's see, the idea behind the new # look was to have them be shadowed? Why are they shadowed in different directions???? It makes it look 10 times worse!
    Attached Files
    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

True.

Valid complaint.

It looks dumb.

[ This space for rent ]

Comment

you all need to post all your complaints about this "shadow" in to this 2 thread at "apolyton" and "civfanatics"

Hey guys. We're trying to track down any problems that are new to v1.16f (the second one) and things listed in the readme.txt that don't work. We already know about the title boxes drawing on advisor screens for resolutions higher than 1024x768 and workers on automation not piling on like they...

and i hope they will listen, and give us the option to turn that shadow off...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Can't Say I Notice a Difference

Originally posted by gachnar
          You know what the problem is? You always play the same civ. You are seeing this because its a known fact of the universe that full-red on full-blue is annoying to the eyes. When I play the Romans, yellow on red is nasty too. I haven't played the Egyptians much, but I bet red on yellow is worse.

Open the editor, change the color of the germans to something that will clash less. Brown works nice. Possibly grey. A dark green works too.
          What are you talking about? I have never complained
          about the "known fact of the universe that full-red on full-blue is annoying to the eyes". That's totally ok, because it is not to avoid. Furthermore, I don't have so much cities which are starving anyway, so it is not a problem for me at all.
          And who told you that I play the same civ all the time? That is a prejudice. A wrong one.

The thing I just can not understand is the addition of shadows that are obviously immensely bad looking, and as you may notice, I'm not the only one who thinks like this.
          I assume that the shadows will be removed again, along with some some bugs caused by the 1.16f patch. Hopefully, this will happen in the nearer future.

Regards,
          Dwarf Lord

Comment

Appeal

Originally posted by m_m_x
            you all need to post all your complaints about this "shadow" in to this 2 thread at "apolyton" and "civfanatics"

Hey guys. We're trying to track down any problems that are new to v1.16f (the second one) and things listed in the readme.txt that don't work. We already know about the title boxes drawing on advisor screens for resolutions higher than 1024x768 and workers on automation not piling on like they...
            Sorry for the double-post, but I think this topic is really important.

I can only emphasize mmx's reply above! Please post your complaints into one of these official "patch-threads". The more people do this, the more likely it is that the shadow will be removed again!

Regards,
            Dwarf Lord

Comment

bump!

Comment

firaxis?anyone?solution?

Comment

Bumpity-bump.

C'mon Firaxis, send in the graphic designer who pulled this one out of his rear and let us talk to him.
                  Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolyana
                    Bumpity-bump.

C'mon Firaxis, send in the graphic designer who pulled this one out of his rear and let us talk to him.
                    LOL, "talk to him" . . .

>pulls out a large knife and starts cleaning under his nails with it< Yes, we only want to talk about this!

Comment

Well, actually, I want to point at him and laugh.
                      Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

??????????????????????

bump!

Comment

Working...
                        X