v1.16f CIV3 PATCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v1.16f CIV3 PATCH

Hey guys. Turns out the install grabbed the wrong exe. I've sent the patch to DanQ and MarkG so they can make it available for you (I'd attach it myself, but the 500k cap won't let me). We'll be pounding on it all night, so if you find any problems, please email me directly at jmorris@firaxis.com.

Thanks.

Jeff

Thanks!

Thanks, Jeff! And can at least one person (ie, me) say he likes the product you guys have created? He can? Well, he just did.

Again, thanks for all your hard work, and I'll be sure to send you a copy of my transcript when I fail the rest of my exams due to excessive playing of Civ3...
    There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I have erased this line.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick response. It´s very good when a problem appears that it´s so fast the solution.

And taking use of the oportunity, congratulations for the game. It´s excellent, and when you finish with the problems (i.e. the start locations) we´ll have a classic as Civ1 and 2 are.

Comment

Come on Mark and/or Dan, lets get on top of things now and make the patch available for download.

Jeff, I would greatly appreciate it if you or anybody else from Firaxis could give us some feeback pertaining to the topic of 'desires for future Civ3 patches' in this thread. Since you seem to be tied up right now I don't except you to do it tonight, however I would like you to be able to give feedback in that thread sometime over the weekend.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Now I'm off to find the New Patch (of the same version #)

Hmm That's gonna cause some confusion... Oh well, better to be confused with a solution within reach than frustrated with no solution

Kevin

Comment

Webspace anyone?

Since neither DanQ nor MarkG seem to be around at this time (of day? of night? whatever the time zone), is there anybody who has some free space on their web site to post the patch? At least until it is up here or anywhere else (www.civ3.com). If so please mail Jeff and ask him to send it to you.

Comment

You've lost me...

Does this new patch resolve the issues with W2k/XP?

Comment

An e-mail I sent to Jeff just a few minutes ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since it appears as if neither MarkG nor DanQ are presently at Apolyton, I was wondering if you could send me the patch, so I could post it up on my web site (www.kylec72.150m.com)? That way people could get as soon as possible access to the new patch. If you do not wish to do that, then could you please have Dan (Firaxis Dan) make the patch available for download at civ3.com very soon?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets just hope this thing gets put out soon for download.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Its up at civfanatics.com

Comment

Here we go:

Thunderfall was faster

Comment

Jeff,
                      Do people who have already downloaded and applied the patch need to redownload/reapply if we're not running Win 2k/XP? Or is it just an installer change...

Thanks for all your hard work!

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Wait, so the patch from Friday was the wrong one? The one we downloaded from this site? What's going on?

Also, I have noticed some of the changes in the one I downloaded Friday.

Comment

You might as well, but there isn't a rush. The difference between the two exe's are incredibly small, which is why the diffing program didn't catch it (same size pre-safedisc). One thing to keep in mind is that when you run the updated patch, it will uninstall the other one. Let it do it's thing and then run the patch again.

Jeff

Comment

???????

what is going on?

what is the difference of this 'new' 1.16f patch?
                            when will it be on civ3.com?
                            is this the final final final patch?

it's all so confusing

however v1.16f has a MAJOR bug. the lines on the foreign advisor screen do not appear. can u fix it? the game is almost unplayable with this bug.

Justice for all...........

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS
                              You might as well, but there isn't a rush. The difference between the two exe's are incredibly small, which is why the diffing program didn't catch it (same size pre-safedisc). One thing to keep in mind is that when you run the updated patch, it will uninstall the other one. Let it do it's thing and then run the patch again.

Jeff
                              Sorry for being dense, but just to check that I followed what you just said...

If we're running a non-2k/XP system, we should redownload the patch. After downloading it, we install as though we've never patched at all -- the new (correct) patch will overwrite the changes the bad (incorrect) patch made. Am I right about that last part? Your last sentance has my brain running in circles .

Thanks again for all of your help and timely response!

-- adaMada
                              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
                              X