This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramo
    So is the nVidia refresh bug still not fixed?!?

I'd be happy with such a bug fix alone...
    Read the news! .
    Nvidia fixed this in their latest detonators.

also:

oh yeah, too bad about the Great Lighthouse fix, there goes my strategy, but a quick clarification please. Does that mean my ships can't sail into ocean squares at all? or that they just can't end their turn on an ocean square?
    I believe that this means that if you end your turn on an 'ocean' square, your galley suffers a 50% risk of sinking.

I just have to say I'm glad to see that annoying governor changing what unit I'm building will be taken care of... If I just built a tank, do u tink I want to build a warrior next? Maybe no. AND a Civ disorder popup! Yay.

Thanks Firaxis, this gives me my hope back!
    How To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity

10. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.

Comment

• I havent seen ONE coastal fortress in action once, but you guys say it works, and a couple people say it works.
      I have a couple suggestions to make it worthwhile:

1) dont make them work like ZOC units, cause it'll be too easy for a ship to come in, bombard, and flee , CF's are already useless as they are. give them their own type of ZOC, say if any ship moves in the radius of the city, let it fire away.

2) MAKE THEM MORE POWEFUL! i find it too easy to weaken a civilization by getting a few battleships on his coast. and you guys also said that coastal fortresses have a very low chance at hitting modern ships anyways, so why build them? i would REALLY love to see coastal fortresses be more of a factor in the game, ships attacking the coast are too effective.

question: if i have an artillery unit fortified in a city that is being attacked by a ship, will it automatically attack the ship?
      if it doesnt, i think it should cause ships are too effective on the coast.

Comment

• Firaxis, I thank you for making a very addictive an entertaining game. Even with the 'flaws' it still has been the only game i have been playing since getting my new computer. With the advent of the changes you are intending on making, I look forward to it even more.

However, I did have some questions regarding the patch.

1. What is meant by changing the refresh rate? Is that have to do with the graphics/animation, or is that something else?
        2. Whenever you play a different rule set than the standard, the tech tree is all 'goofed' up...meaning that the advances are there, but no arrows link the boxes to each other. Also, if you click on a tech to queue the research, it does not work. whatever tech you had in the dropdown box before you clicked on the 'big picture' you started researching, whether you liked it or not. YOu did mention something in your fix list concerning the tech tree. Does that fix this problem?
        3. Dan mentioned that the patch will be around 5mb. Is that compressed or non compressed?
        4. In one mod I was playing with, I attempted to make barbarians tougher by changing the hitpoints for a conscript level troop. HOwever, these changes never went into effect during actual game play...barbarians were always 2 hp, although my conscripts were what i changed them to. When you mentioned that you can now edit the default barbarian combat levels, does that include this as well?

Thank you for making an entertaining, addictive game, Firaxis. I look forward to seeing continued improvements.
        'Ice cream makes computers work better! Just spoon it in..."

Comment

• Posted by the "Ray K"meister
          ugh. I hope you are misunderstanding, or you need better programmers.
          No, actually he's right when you figure in the connection of trade routes, etc.

THANKS FIRAXIS FOR IMPROVING AN ALREADY GREAT GAME.
          This is from someone who's been around since Command HQ and The Bard's Tale...

No other comments, no other "add this next..."

I'm happy as is. I've gotten my $50 worth (as have 99% of the less diplomatic posters here) and everything from here on out is icing on the cake.
          "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

• Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis Of course, this value is in the editor, so if you want to increase the probability of hitting passing units, just increase it.
            Can one increase the probability of hitting passing units to ordinary fortresses as well?
            And while Im at it: Why not add probabilty of missed bombardments to bombardment-units also, in your next patch.

* Palaces and spaceship parts can only be built in one city.
            Im not sure i understand "Spaceship parts can only be built in one city"? Must I designate one city alone to build each and every part of that spaceship? Or is it that I cant build parts belonging to the same type, in more then one city simultaneously (engine-parts only in one city, for example)? Or what?

Comment

• Will you make the Leadername_ALL.pcx (the one used by the foreign advisor) files be specified in pediaicons.txt with that patch?
              They are already listed in the file, but the list is not used. Do you change this?
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• did the patch fix the deposing thing?
                i hate it when a city reverts back to my enemy, and he takes all my units with it. the population of the city should at least decrease to reflect the battle between the cititzens and the units.
                why hasnt the patch fixed this?

Comment

• Kudos to Firaxis for the patch and for being extremely responsive on this thread. I hate to nitpick, but I wish someone would answer the questions about flat world maps and placing units/starting locations. I'm starting to get concerned . I'm putting off buying the game until I know these features are in. If I couldn't make flat maps and set starting locations and make/play scenarios, a big element of the fun would be absent for me (I hardly ever played Civ2 on random or non-earth maps).

Also will we able to add, for example terrains and resources? Swamps and glaciers need to be put back, as well as bananas and oases. Thanks for any info you can give as to when or at least if these things will be added.

Comment

• Thank you for the support and excellent game.

Harm

Comment

• ok so soren said that it will be less likely that the AI will build cities in the midst of your empire where it will definately be overthrown. (even though the list didnt mention anything about this). SO does the AI respect borders now? right now the AI always comes in and out of your borders even though u dont have a ROP wiht him. did the patch address this issue at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grundel
                        1. What is meant by changing the refresh rate? Is that have to do with the graphics/animation, or is that something else?
                        The refresh rate of your monitor
                        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

• Oh my this thread is out of control!

It is growing almost as fast as I can reload and read the new posts!

Anyway, the patch looks great. It addresses most of my concerns. Like many here, I am disappointed that I must still move all 20 of my horsemen one by one instead of in a single group. Hopefully, this will be in the next patch.

There is one other thing I would really like to see in the next patch that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet. On the starting menus, you can change the name of any Civilization you pick to suit your own names, and can even set the Random one to your choice of names, but it doesn't remember any of that. Next time you start a game, you have to enter them all over again.

I would prefer it if the game would remember my preferred name and Civ names. It would also be GREAT if we could change our name after starting the game. Too many times I've started a game only to realise my name was Hamurabi or Joan d'arc because I forgot to specify Ahlyis.

Allowing us to change our name during the game will also allow tournament games to be more personalized. After downloading the starting position, we are currently locked into whatever name was given at the start. Furthermore, viewing other players submissions clutters up my high score table with indistinguishable scores. How am I to tell my high score from all the others on the high score list when it is full of Hamurabi listings? I don't mind having other players high scores on my list, but I would like to be able to distiguish them.
                          I'm just a pigment of your imagination.

Comment

• Looks like a great patch. I am also embarrassed by the butt holes that have been posting this "this game sucks I'll wait for civ 4" crap. That is uncalled for.

Anyway, my question is, now that air superiority works the way it is supposed to, HOW IS IT SUPPOSED TO WORK?

Does anyone know?

Comment

• Thanks for the patch Firaxis, looks like a good job so far

However, there are a lot of things that still need work, exact starting locations for the civs for example.

Also for scenario makers there are still too many obstacles, no flat maps, no events language etc, etc...I would love to see such features in the next patch - or do we have to wait for an expansion pack here?
                              Blah

Comment

• You know I'm happy for the patch. But I never knew that so much was wrong with the game. Some of the problems I can accept but I don't know how some of them never got noticed. Some of the Fixes are so obvious how could Firaxis' playtesters not notice??? Poor QC in my opinion. Perhaps, there is something to all this negativist jive talk? Probably not but I won't be quite so harsh the next time I respond to a whine thread.
                                "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                                "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Working...
                                X