Culture Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture Poll

poll: is culture assimilation too strong?
    Captured cities defect too easy
    7.11%
    Peacetime culture assimilation is too strong
    1.90%
    Combat is too random
    6.16%
    Bombardment cannot kill ships
    7.58%
    Planes cannot kill ships/ships cannot shoot back at planes
    10.43%
    Worker management is tedious
    5.45%
    AI's abuse of borders
    10.19%
    AI plopping cities in the center of your empire
    8.29%
    New cities get their 1x1 border, even if culture should give border to another civ
    3.55%
    The tech tree is messed up
    4.03%
    Resources are too scarce.
    3.08%
    Corruption is way too high
    9.95%
    Space race has been made less interesting
    4.03%
    Diplomatic victory less interesting
    6.87%
    No MP wiht release
    4.74%
    Too many bugs
    6.64%
    The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Well, if it's about culture, I have issues, but your poll is really a bug list for the game...I cannot in good conscience simply check them all, although I have problems with all of them (as far as I can tell)...

Venger

Comment

The biggee is corruption. It isn't so much that corruption is too high, as it is that too little can be done about it. My main issue related to culture is the player can't tell how close his or another civ's cities are to jumping and can't be sure what measures will offset this. Some of the choices in the poll are actually strategic choices for the player, in there, more or less, on purpose. If you want sealed borders and no interloping cities, fight for it. Not worth a war? That's a choice on your part, not a bug.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I'd like to add in pollution, too - I've been trying to work out for a week how it calculates global warming (as opposed to "wreck-a-square" pollution) and I just can't do it.

Comment

This poll is disturbing, because Civ3 has so much negative criticism, although, it is rightfully so.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Civ 3 is an excellent game. It was rushed, however, and thus is not perfect. There are some areas that could be changed to improve Civ 3, but hopefully these will be covered in the patch.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
              This poll is disturbing, because Civ3 has so much negative criticism, although, it is rightfully so.
              nah, i am not worried, since most of the votes are from 'spearman killed my tank' crowd

Comment

I voted for planes not being able to destroy ships. I think the programmers should be forced to watch the crappy movie pearl harbor continously for the next 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  I voted for planes not being able to destroy ships. I think the programmers should be forced to watch the crappy movie pearl harbor continously for the next 30 days.
                  why? it's crappy

they should also read more about sitting bull v. caster and make horseman able to kill modern armor

Comment

Very odd. I saw this post and thought 'right, we'll select all of them'. But at every one I considered and thought 'Not really' or 'I've learned work around it or live with it'. In the end I selected none of them.

Robert
                    A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Comment

Gimme resources or gimme death...

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                        The biggee is corruption. It isn't so much that corruption is too high, as it is that too little can be done about it. My main issue related to culture is the player can't tell how close his or another civ's cities are to jumping and can't be sure what measures will offset this. Some of the choices in the poll are actually strategic choices for the player, in there, more or less, on purpose. If you want sealed borders and no interloping cities, fight for it. Not worth a war? That's a choice on your part, not a bug.
                        Yup, I'd say the biggest problem in Civ III is that corruption can not be tackled effectively. I built a courthouse in a city and it didn't even dent the corruption. But maybe the patch will fix this. This forum has given enough ideas for that.

Robert
                        A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Comment

Working...
                        X