Planning on sticking around Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is more in life than civ3

there also is civ2(in all its forms),SMAC,CtP1/2,Alt Civs,...

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Well I'm a newbie but I've been here (many times) before. Stop by as a lurker each time I get a new 4x game or think about getting one to see what the diehard fans have to say about it. Civ III's the first that's got me posting though.

I imagine I'll stick around as long as I'm playing it. When wargame season starts, I'll probably disappear for awhile. Can't forsee when the winds of mood will change clearly enough to estimate in months. But then when 4x season starts up again, I'll dust off my Civs, SMAC, MOOs, CTP, SE4 (surprised ya'll don't have any forums or anything for that one) and come back. Because clearly this is the site for 4xers.

But it's not bad to be an intermittent member. Is it?

Comment

War- i think you understood- you're still here
        thus, you never 'really' left

-more oldies seem to be posting than newbies in this thread
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Hmph... I kinda like this place. I'll stay.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

u need more options. for example:
            -i wont be here as much now
            -im not sure, but i will be around for the time being
            -other

Comment

I've been at Apolyton so long, not because I love this place, I just can't find the exit.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

So... WHAT exactly defines a Newbie? This is only my second post (on my 1st day) on an Apolyton thread, yet I have been using Apolyton for Scenarios for 3 years, have CIV II, CIV III, CTP, SMAC, SMACX and bought CIV in 1991.

And my crappy name thing calls me "Settler". Where's the reward for loyalty to the series in that?
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  So... WHAT exactly defines a Newbie? This is only my second post (on my 1st day) on an Apolyton thread, yet I have been using Apolyton for Scenarios for 3 years, have CIV II, CIV III, CTP, SMAC, SMACX and bought CIV in 1991.

And my crappy name thing calls me "Settler". Where's the reward for loyalty to the series in that?
                  You are a newbie to the site- that is all that matters in our rankins here.

Hopefully you will stick around on the forums for a long time to come.

Hmmm... You seem to have had civ I longer than I, I believe I first acquired it in 1993- then got Civ II in 1995 Alpha Centauri in 1999, Test of Time in 2000 and Call to Power in 2000.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I'm here for good. I've been a frequent lurker since pre-patch SMAC came out. I'm not too worried about being called a "Settler". My first Civ was from 1993, on a Mac Classic II.

16 megahertz clock speed; yikes, how far things have come!
                    Over the hills and far away,
                    Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain,
                    King George commands and we obey,
                    Over the hills and far away.

Comment

I should be sticking around until I stop playing Civ III, unless I can somehow mesh with the comunity. As for when I'll stop playing Civ III, let us just say that at this point it doesn't look likely!
                      "Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip." - Said by me

Comment

Everyone:

It's been nearly two years since I first showed up at Apolyton. It's a fairly interesting site, full of people who hold varying degrees of my attention, mostly depending on what they post. I'll stick around. 'Poly is one of the "must" destinations on the Internet for me.

CYBERAmazon
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                        X