Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you know you've played too much civ3 when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... when you stare at the grease splattered floor at your resteraunt and picture a map, trying to decide what would be the best starting position.

... when you yell shift-p at the mess and noone responds.
    " . . . I fought, and strove, and perished, countless times . . . as if through a glass and darkly, the age old strife I see, where I've fought in many guises, many names, but always me."
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I unfortunately have not had the time to play Civ 3 that much. Six months ago I introduced my girlfriend to Civ 2 and she loved it.
      So when I got Civ3 she started to play it. Now she spends more time on it than I do, every time I try and play she black mails me to get off the computer. The worse part is that she is still at Uni so she has more free time. Every day when I get home from Uni she is there playing away. Any ideas how to get her not to like the game anymore
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

... when you've finished installing it

Comment

For the married with kids crowd. (Sorry if this is double posted, had some server problems).

1) You nobly and unselfishly volunteer to watch the kids while your significant other "has some time to herself."

2) If your two year old son knows that his Winnie-the-Pooh balloon popping game only works when Daddy isn't home.

3)You justify your play time to your significant other by stating that "I could be out at the bars."

4) If you have ever, ever, ever said any of the following...
          "If I can get at least four hours, I'll be fine..."
          "I really don't need more than a couple of hours."
          "Does Starbucks deliver?"
          It's such a fine line between clever and stupid. - Nigel Tufnel

Comment

...when you uninstall Civ III and install Civ II.
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

You start playing at a higher rated level, and you reduce the number of players in the games because the whole world keeps attacking you before 1000 A.D. and you do not really care about not being invited to that party anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bautou
                When you spend $1000+ for a new computer just so you can get to the next turn faster on a huge map....
                Hah, I've one-upped you (I think)!
                When you spend $1,300+ for a new 1.3GHz computer (Wintel at that!) just to play it in the first place.

It will probably be a couple months or so until I get a new Mac (mine's only 350MHz).

OTH, I haven't played it too much yet...
                (Your mind on drugs...
                Your mind on civ3)

Comment

n you believe that the story of the Three Musketeers is really boring.
                  The difference between industrial society and information society:
                  In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                  In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

When you run out of wine so you check to see if there is still a road outside your house.

Comment

- When you see the delivery truck slow dramatially as it pulls into the driveway at your job, and realize it must be because it's now in your borders....
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by Daveraver
                        ... you start waiting for Honda to release a patch that'll fix all the bugs in your accord.
                        That's what you get when you buy "Beta" matterial
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

...you come home drunk at 4.30am and think "I'm sure I can beat those evil Germans in only a few turns", then wake up up to find your Empire in ruins, your capital on some island in the arctic circle, and then think "I've still got iron!".
                          What may I trade you for right of passage?

Comment

When wondering why countries like Afghanistan don't do things in 250 year increments.
                            Last edited by Thrawn05; February 7, 2002, 13:28.
                            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Did I?

...you find yourself writing to "you know you've played too much Civ3 when..." thread!
                              Yeah, i know it should be spelled with 'e' but who cares!

Comment

When you ask your teacher is complaining that the class is too slow, you tell him he should switch from despot to republic.

When you wonder why the USA has police stations but not a communistic form of government.

When you argue with soemone that Alexander the great ruled greece from 5000BC to 2050AD.

When you shoot fireworks in the air when you really love your king.

When you swear you saw industrial cleopatra in one of them western shoot-'em-up movies.

When you wonder why countries like Andorra don't culture flip to france or spain.

I got a dozen more but I'll stop for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X