Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you know you've played too much civ3 when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just One More Round

When you keep on saying "just one more round."

Comment

--When your GF tells you she is going to dress up like a computer for Halloween so you'll give her some attention (true story...)
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

when your playing civ2 again because you were so dissapointed with civ3

Comment

...When you start calling yourself "El Presidente" and demand your roommates harvest bananas and load them onto the docks for export...

Oh, wait, that's a sign you've been playing too much Tropico, which is what I'm playing these days. ^_^
          "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

Ah . . . if she only wanted one more turn

Originally posted by Kaak
            --When your GF tells you she is going to dress up like a computer for Halloween so you'll give her some attention (true story...)

Comment

when the "one more turn then i'm going to bed" excuse doesnt apply no more - instead it's "just one more beer THEN i'm going to bed"

Comment

... you decide to print off and post this thread on your wall.
                There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I have erased this line.

Comment

What do you mean 3:00 a.m.? It was 9:00 p.m. a couple of turns ago

Comment

Originally posted by splangy
                    You know you've played to much civ3 when...

You start hearing voices whenever you go on dates saying "They will probably be insulted by this deal"

Actually, it's when you go on a date, and you wish your foreign advisor had come along so you'd have an idea whether she would accept the deal or not.

....When you encourage your SO to dress like "that hot barbarian Joan".

....When you think Joan in leathers is hot.
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Hmm... missed this thread...
                      I tried to start a similar one here

...when you want to encourage clearing of the Amazonas.
                      The difference between industrial society and information society:
                      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

when you're still playing civ3 and lurking on civ3 boards, even though you've had the game since it's launch

Comment

You move your PC, toaster oven and a small fridge into the bathroom so you can play continuously until you pass out.

Later, you move everything back out so you have something to do while you're waiting for the turns to finish.

Comment

Jokes aside, I frequently dream Civ 3 all night... Have I played too much?

Comment

When you spend $1000+ for a new computer just so you can get to the next turn faster on a huge map....

Comment

This really happened:

I set my alarm, went to bed, and woke up well after the alarm should have gone off, although I never heard it. In my half-asleep state, the best explaination I could come up for my alarm not working was . . .

"It must be outside my cultural borders."

*Even then, I probably got about 5 hours of sleep that night (I'll give you about III guesses why).*
                                "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

Working...
                                X