Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AI learns to use Mods

Check this out,

One day last week I was playing with the editor and brainstorming about diffrent units. I thought that a Merc. unit that worked the same as a Privateer on land would be cool. Slip him in on a Gov. you don't like and have him pillage or cause general havoc without declaring war. Anyway, I picked the Explorer as that unit gave him a small attack, deffense, and 2 move to retreat if attacked. I also hid the nationality and under AI stratagies clicked "offensive". I played a little more with the Editor that night and went to bed.

Fast forward a couple days; I'm playing a 16 civ small map on Warlord and around 1500AD a funny looking white shaded unit shows up on my boarder , why is that explorer white, I think. The next turn it jumps a nearby worker and he becomes a Aztec worker . (Mind you at this point I've completly forgotten about what I did to the Explorer unit) "I've never seen the Explorer do that, was that in the manual" . Soon the other four Civ's on my boarders jump into the fun, workers abondoned me in droves, I declare war to get them back............all hell breaks loose .

Needless to say, I remembered what I did when I went to the Editor to check the specs. on the Explorer. The funny thing is that the AI did things with the unit that I never thought of, It devoloped a stratagey of its own: Take my workers without a declaration of war.

So in closing, I think the AI will pick up on your mods. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by Bubba_B; November 21, 2001, 10:06.

Side note

My Governors picked up on this too. After my first few workers were taken my govenors started to build Exploers.

Comment

Excellent! I'm sure I don't want mercs now.

Zap

Comment

it's cool to see a post that does not consist of mindless whining

Comment

Culture sucks!
          Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Re: The AI learns to use Mods

Originally posted by Bubba_B
            Check this out,

One day last week I was playing with the editor and brainstorming about diffrent units. I thought that a Merc. unit that worked the same as a Privateer on land would be cool. Slip him in on a Gov. you don't like and have him pillage or cause general havoc without declaring war. Anyway, I picked the Explorer as that unit gave him a small attack, deffense, and 2 move to retreat if attacked. I also hid the nationality and under AI stratagies clicked "offensive". I played a little more with the Editor that night and went to bed.

Fast forward a couple days; I'm playing a 16 civ small map on Warlord and around 1500AD a funny looking white shaded unit shows up on my boarder , why is that explorer white, I think. The next turn it jumps a nearby worker and he becomes a Aztec worker . (Mind you at this point I've completly forgotten about what I did to the Explorer unit) "I've never seen the Explorer do that, was that in the manual" . Soon the other four Civ's on my boarders jump into the fun, workers abondoned me in droves, I declare war to get them back............all hell breaks loose .

Needless to say, I remembered what I did when I went to the Editor to check the specs. on the Explorer. The funny thing is that the AI did things with the unit that I never thought of, It devoloped a stratagey of its own: Take my workers without a declaration of war.

So in closing, I think the AI will pick up on your mods. Lesson learned.
            LOL

Originally posted by zapperio

Excellent! I'm sure I don't want mercs now.

I want mercenaries. They should be like conscript units.

Comment

'course the "capturing workers" thing breaks the "hidden identity" thing... doubt the AI realizes that. So you could know who a merc belonged to when it captured a worker of yours, but the AI probably won't know that if you do the same to him. Still, that's cool.
              kmj

Comment

Smart...

Smart As@.

Originally posted by Wrong_shui
                Culture sucks!

Comment

I'll be interested to see the first scenario where all units have "hidden identity." That should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShaffer
                    I'll be interested to see the first scenario where all units have "hidden identity." That should be fun.
                    I like the idea too Wonderfull nukes
                    Das Ewige Friede ist ein Traum, und nicht einmal ein schöner /Moltke

Si vis pacem, para bellum /Vegetius

Comment

Working...
                    X