Combat Game Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zapperio

Remember, it is offset by the fact that the navy is unable to fight back. Fair deal, and has a strategic significance. Use the new features a bit before dismissing them.

Zap
    Of course, to not imbalance the game, ships should be able to fire back each time a plane try to bomb them. I mean, ship with guns of course.
    I don't think it's overpowered to allow plane to shoot down a galley even if this one can't counter-strike
    Add increased air defense for carriers and AEGIS cruiser, then you'll need combined arms on seas too : submarines/battlecruisers to attack carriers/AEGIS, planes to attack submarines/battlecruisers, AEGIS/Carrier to protect from planes.
    And destroyers as multifunction tools. Not as good as are the specialized others in any task, but able to do all of them.
    Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

So let me see if I understand: a problem with past games (air vs. navy) was solved not by simply making the combat a bit more even, but pretending that planes cannot sink ships?

This is bad enough. Worse is that many people don't seem to question it at all. Worse still is that some actually defend the decision.

It's okay to think Firaxis is imperfect.

Comment

Working...
      X