Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

military allies taking your former cities and razing them?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that normally, allied civilisations do not NECESSARILY come at war when the ally does. It may be almost certain, but not totally sure. There even have some that went against their ally when war came.

And about destroying cities, I don't think it is very diplomatically normal to see the cities beeing automatically kept by the ally or even destroyed. And the ally shouldn't accept such from us either!!! So it may also implict human players.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I am usually amazed when players complain about things the AI does that the player would do if given the oportunity
      Ah, but the human will have his reasons for doing whatever. The AI, however, is doing it because of a limitation, an overlooked idea, or a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by SuiteSisterMary

Sure, but it should also honor the spirit of the agreement. Unless it's American. Then "But, Sir, we had to burn the village in order to save it!" becomes a valid statement. :-)
        The AI kept it's agreement... it went to war for you to help protect you. Your perception of the "spirit" compared to theirs or other intentions is irrelevant.

Comment

Ah, but think how much nicer Europe would be right now if all french cities had been razed instead of liberated.... *sigh*
          Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

The AI kept it's agreement... it went to war for you to help protect you. Your perception of the "spirit" compared to theirs or other intentions is irrelevant.
            Yes, and while the behaviour is correct, I feel that the underlying rules themselves are lacking, to the point that it detracts from the game.

Comment

Working...
            X