Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's cool how they got Yanni to do the music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I know, I know

Originally posted by Gigalope
    I was just joking about Yanni. Obviously he didn't actually make the music, it just sounds very new-ageish. It's weird, but it could kind of grow on you after a while...
    Yeah, kinda like tinea, or a yeast infection

I'm trying to find the MP3s so that I can replace 'em. I unplug my speakers every time it starts into that one that sounds like Classical Gas.

Comment

The music is awsome, the middle ages music is the sweetest music i've heard in a computer game.
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
        The music is awsome, the middle ages music is the sweetest music i've heard in a computer game.
        Please go play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna
          Firaxis should have hired Yasunori Mitsuda. Of course then the bar would have been set way too high for other, lesser, American composers.
          That would've rocked the freakin' house down!
          "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

the modern age music kicks ass!

I find myself jamming out to the guitars (not real guitars, just computer generated stuff). Almost as good as Metallica

Comment

Really? The modern age is when I had to turn it off. The "cool jazz, soft rock" mix was driving me nuts. But I liked the first three ages. EVERYONE seems to be bugged by at least one of the ages. Matter of taste, I guess.

Anyone out there like all four?

Comment

Didn't really pay attention to much of the music, but I know I didn't like it. All I know is, is this modern music sucks. The damn saxaphone is driving me insane.

Comment

What's wrong with the music?

Personally, I think the music is GREAT, and especially the moder-age music. But that's just me, or is it?

Peace!
                  -- Roland

Comment

Originally posted by mrbilll
                    Really? The modern age is when I had to turn it off. The "cool jazz, soft rock" mix was driving me nuts. But I liked the first three ages. EVERYONE seems to be bugged by at least one of the ages. Matter of taste, I guess.

I don't mind all four... I don't really like electric guitar though, but I got used to it in the modern age because it's not so.. loud and brutal

Comment

I just switch it off and play my own CDs instead. Winamp runs well underneath... You need a relatively new sound-card, though, my AWE32 couldn't handle two simultaneous wave sources. One of the reasons I bought a Live! Platinum 5.1.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Lol, I was just reading this thread when Kenny G showed up on the Macy's parade.

Comment

The spirit of Kenny G runs rampant in the modern era.

They could have picked more epic themes. Movies like Crimson Tide (e.g. "Roll Tide" by Zimmer) and the Hunt for Red October are filled with good music that should have been used instead.

After a couple of games, I turned the music off.

Comment

I'd have liked special themes when war is declared, something like the Empire's theme from Star Wars, just to set the mood. Musical cues, as in the Heroes of Might and Magic series might have been good as well.

Comment

I just wish the game wouldn't crash in 5 mins with music enabled...funny thing is that I can play MP3s trough Winamp and play Civ3 at the same time w/o any problems.

/dev

Comment

I really kinda dig some of the tracks.

The Ancient Era redeux of some of the Civ 2 music is pretty cool, especially with the variations on the older theme. The Middle Era isn't bad, but not particularly *great*. I'm not a big fan of the Industrial Era music- too Victorian for my tastes: something a little more baroque or even grittier would've been kinda cool. I really don't like one of the Modern Era tracks, but the other two sound like something off of Kid A, and I can definitely dig that

Comment

Working...
                                X