Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's cool how they got Yanni to do the music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's cool how they got Yanni to do the music...

not.

The music is in mp3. Change it
    The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

Yanni.

Comment

Whos yanni!
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

I was thinkin the exact same thing as I prepared to move up some mech infantry and that horn starts playin.....not terrible but....
          I like the 3rd epoch music.There is a classical piece that I'm sure is the one from Silence of Lambs.The one Lector has playing when he is being kept in that cage and the 2 cops bring him his dinner
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

so the music is just as bad as before :thumbsdown:??
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
              so the music is just as bad as before??
              The original Civ2 music was okay, being just a remake of the Civ1 stuff, but I liked the MGE music. It had that WHAM-BAM quality to it that I liked, not so bad, but not so awesome, either. I still pop it in my CD player occasionally.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it...

...don't you hate pants?

Comment

Yanni's name does not appear in the credits that I've seen, why do you think he did the music?

John-SJ

Comment

I think it's because he feels it's a non-stop New Age crapfest.

Firaxis should have hired Yasunori Mitsuda. Of course then the bar would have been set way too high for other, lesser, American composers.

Comment

With special apperances by kennyG
                    : pukesmilyifIknewone :

Comment

I know, I know

I was just joking about Yanni. Obviously he didn't actually make the music, it just sounds very new-ageish. It's weird, but it could kind of grow on you after a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna
                        I think it's because he feels it's a non-stop New Age crapfest.
                        The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

Re: I know, I know

Originally posted by Gigalope
                          I was just joking about Yanni. Obviously he didn't actually make the music, it just sounds very new-ageish. It's weird, but it could kind of grow on you after a while...
                          I think after the patch is released and I start playing the game extensively.. I'll replace everything with music from Metal Slug X

Comment

The more I listen to it,the more it sounds like Kenny G
                            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Re: I know, I know

Originally posted by Gigalope
                              Especially since it plays the same song over and over and over etc. ad nauseum.

Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X