So what's really new in Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dev
    Ok I won't get into why having to adjust things through an undocumented editor is bull so I'll just ask which setting is minimum corruption ?
    now you're making me agree 200% with cybershy

screenshot showing your laziness...
    Attached Files
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: So what's really new in Civ3?

Originally posted by MarkG
      the will of the people is stronger that any army

imho it's a playbalancing choice. if they allowed what you're suggesting it could very easily make culture meaningless. i know i would end up put 10 warriors in each city to keep the captured city from resisting. now i had to come up with new tactics(which i have posted elsewhere )

Which brings up another shortcoming, warriors being as good as panzers for domestic tasks.

The need to base it on combined attack/defense stats of the units vs. the tech era of the civ or even better/simpler spawn some rebel units (bigger town = more units) which attacks and try to take the city and if they succed then you lose it to civ next door, otherwise you keep it.

/dev

Comment

that was resistance

corruption coming up

Comment

ohh will you please just STFU ?

75% of your posts are either off topic or whines about the supposed whiners...
          I have given arguments against your problems (and I have agreed with some of them as well) in other threads.

I start to 'whine' or 'complain' about posts when someone points something out that I already responded to in any other thread. What do you want me to do, you want me to keep on posting my arguments in every thread about the same topic ?

No, I try to get all topics gathered in unique threads so the discussion will happen in only one thread and not any argument will be lost.

I've given VERY much arguments and I've made VERY much posts that make sence. You either didn't read them or you forgot about them. It's so easy to say simple unfounded things like "You never say something that makes sence".

In fact all I say that makes sence has dropped to page 5
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Lucky you mark, you corrected your error before I got a chance to write a novell about reading & comprehension

/dev

Comment

PTFHB (=press the help button)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

I have given arguments against your problems (and I have agreed with some of them as well) in other threads.

I start to 'whine' or 'complain' about posts when someone points something out that I already responded to in any other thread. What do you want me to do, you want me to keep on posting my arguments in every thread about the same topic ?

No, I try to get all topics gathered in unique threads so the discussion will happen in only one thread and not any argument will be lost.

I've given VERY much arguments and I've made VERY much posts that make sence. You either didn't read them or you forgot about them. It's so easy to say simple unfounded things like "You never say something that makes sence".

In fact all I say that makes sence has dropped to page 5
                Well don't read the threads then, this is Civ3 general forum and anything about Civ3 is more appropriate than your off topic posts.

Simple as that.

Besides this thread was supposed to be about the (lack of) new features in Civ3 of which there obviously isn't many since no one but my first post (Edit) mentioned any new features so I guess it's a valid complaint, no?.
                Your contribution to this thread OTOH was way off topic and belongs nowhere but in a privat notice to a moderator.

You did succeed in dragging me off topic too though, glory to you.

/dev

/dev

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  PTFHB (=press the help button)
                  Ok I didn't spend 2 hours reading the SCENARIO editor help file when I was looking for a way to adjust corruption so sue me.

/dev

Comment

Originally posted by Dev
                    Ok I didn't spend 2 hours reading the SCENARIO editor help file when I was looking for a way to adjust corruption so sue me.
                    i havent spent more than 200 seconds on the editor help file....

perhaps greeks among the other special characteristics(scientific, commercial) also have the ability to read help files in 200 seconds instead of 2 hours

Comment

But why should I read the editor help file when I want to change a game setting ?

So, anyone feel like adding some marvelous new features to my list ?

/dev

Comment

A pail of sand for you to stick your head in, because, man, you need to hide.

Zap

Comment

good god, dont bother complaining about anything. It only upsets the fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancientfool
                            good god, dont bother complaining about anything. It only upsets the fanboys.
                            Hey! now I'm upset!

Zap

Comment

I dont know why you are complaining so much Dev. I have been playing this game for 2 weeks now and I like it a lot, and it is alot better then the all the games I have played. I do have some things I dont like they did( for instance they did not include mp in the release version of Civ3 and it does seem rushed out the door, and the some features of air units dont seem to work), but I still like this game alot. Civ3 I think is much better than Civ2. I like the how they have resources in the game as it is now. If you dont get a certain resource, etheir trade for it or get it through miltary force, thats what I do.
                              Donate to the American Red Cross.
                              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

City #17 equals TOTAL CHAOS.

That's one of the main complaints about corruption... and it's listed right there in the help file. Once you pass a "certain number" corruption goes up "drastically". This is unrealistic & annoying. Would the US suffer "drastic corruption" in all cities if it added 1 more city somewhere? It should be something that gradually & slowly increases, not something that is like falling off a cliff. Forcing to keep one's kingdom at 16 cities (for standard) & always greatly fearing city #17 is

BTW, as I've stated elsewhere I enjoy most other aspects about Civ3 that people complain about. But the corruption model is flawed.

Comment

Working...
                                X