No announcement yet.

Civilization 3, and these boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... it seems that politeness and hospitality are not respected very much these days...

Hi Hobbit, and welcome to Poly.

Civ3 is one of the best civ-style games that I've played. It has some flaws, and those flaws need to be fixed in order to enhance our gaming experience.

But the core game is solid and fun, and if this is your first time playing a civ game, then you'll be addicted to it in a very short time.

Once again, welcome and enjoy...

------

To the others: see? it is not that hard...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Poor kid........

Into a den of Lions

Its a good game Hobbit steep learning curve, but you seem to like challanges

Comment

In order to give suggestion, I think you need to have the game. The more you play the more things to talk about.

I play all Civ game from 1 to 3 if there is four, I'm for it too.

Comment

Hob,

A dl is a double login. Technically it's a horrible crime on these forums, but unofficially the mods tolerate it on occasion most notably (IIRC this is ancient history to me) StewartSpink's dl Infatuation.

Get used to everybody with a King or above, and some of the Princes, accusing you of being a dl. For some reason they think that new people never come to this forum, in spite of the incredible growth its experienced lately.

Other than that welcome, and the best thing I can say about Civ III is the diplomatic trading model, and the AI. I have my pet peeves, but I have them about every game.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

First, welcome

Second, don't mind n.c. as n.c. can be a bit "interesting" in behaviour (xpecting flames).

Third, get Civ3. As has been said, it may not be as much an upgrade as other games were (SMAC, Civ2 maybe), but it's fun to play and keeps you at it.

I recommend getting Civ3 and developing something of a thick skin on this forum. If you do, you have double-won.
            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

TheHobbit , welcome to Apolyton

nc,
              opoios exei ti miga migiazetai.....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

TheHobbit, welcome.

Comment

TheHobbit: Don't mind the whiners, they'll grow out of it sometime.

Come seek refuge in the Off-Topic with all of the cool kids.

I'm predicting about maybe 2 more weeks of incredible whining threads before they start to become less fashionable.

And then we can really use the forums.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

How about this: people who only want to say/hear good things about the game are rather pathetic. I don't know, sounds insulting to me.
                    your world is quiet black-white, isn't it ?
                    Everybody that holds either a black or a white opinion about civ3 is rather patathic. I prefer realistic opinions above anything else.

BUT it's more annoying if people have an extreme black opinion about something (since it insults people (Firaxis, developpers) and it gives a negative atmosphere) then if they have a 'pathatic' white idea about civ3. (however, they could be annoying too)

Anyway, why are you still here n.c. ?
                    Get your @ss to the civ2 forums and cease fighting here. Your point has been made. Civ3 totally sucks and deserves it to be returned
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

TheHobbit: If you want some more positive stuff, check out the "stories" forum - there's some quite fun threads in there.

Comment

GP- TheHobbit didn 't seem to catch on. In fact, the only one who I know did are you and d_dudy. Folks like Alexnm, CyberShy, Asher and Earthling7 clearly missed the point. Maybe you can explain the concept of insults and time sequence to them.

CyberShy- That was an example of the kind of statement you and others make in reverse (not my opinion). Your negative reaction proves my point the this sort of thing is insulting. Apology accepted.

Comment

n.c. How about this: people who only want to say/hear good things about the game are rather pathetic. I don't know, sounds insulting to me.
                          that's what you said.
                          In fact I agree, but I wonder why you do'nt project this on the opposite side (people who only want to say/hear bad things about......)

that's my point.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

GRRR I HATE THESSE STUPID THREADS!!!!!

if you dont like them, dont go to the ot, man!

on a side note, welcome...
                            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by n.c.
                              GP- TheHobbit didn 't seem to catch on. In fact, the only one who I know did are you and d_dudy. Folks like Alexnm, CyberShy, Asher and Earthling7 clearly missed the point. Maybe you can explain the concept of insults and time sequence to them.
                              Maybe we saw the point but didn't feel like squabbling over it?
                              Besides, you say that and then you say:

CyberShy- That was an example of the kind of statement you and others make in reverse (not my opinion). Your negative reaction proves my point the this sort of thing is insulting. Apology accepted.
                              I dunno about you, but you whiners sure have one hell of a negative reaction to the game.
                              What I don't understand is why you just can't say: "Well, I didn't like it. Back to Quake I go." or something?
                              Why do you feel the need to come in here and spam your opinions constantly?
                              Let the real players have some fun, shoo.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Bullhockey

Gee Asher, you're right. The next time a frigate sinks one of my nuclear subs (AGAIN) I'll just smile and be a good sport about it. I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my critisms in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X