X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Sorren

Hey sorren, is this legit?

Comment

Very good job, either at finding this, or fooling us .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It sure is cute Ray K.
        If only you had positioned the text "contact (won)" 1 pixel higher I would have found it a lot more convincing.

Zap

Comment

Yup... Strange that the W in Won seems to be correctly aligned though

Edit: Sorry... It isn't.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Knasboll; November 12, 2001, 11:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Knasboll
            Yup... Strange that the W in Won seems to be correctly aligned though

Edit: Sorry... It isn't.
            The thought that it was a hoax obviously crossed my mind, but then I thought no-one in their right mind would go to such lengths to do something so lame, but I guess some people are reeeeeeealllly bored.

Comment

Busted!

If you would've edited the text files like I tried, you wouldn't have had to worry about the alignment problem.

I give you points for creativity though! SETI establishes first contact Priceless!!
              You're civin' like a fool, but what about DaddyCool?

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyCool
                Busted!

If you would've edited the text files like I tried, you wouldn't have had to worry about the alignment problem.

I give you points for creativity though! SETI establishes first contact Priceless!!
                Glad I could get a laugh!

Too bad, I had a better in-game screen shot coming...

In all seriousness, I was thinking that, since we have diplomatic, military, and cultural victory conditions, that a "scientific" victory should be possible as well. SETI seemed like a perfect choice since it comes too late in the game to be useful for research, but at a good time to be a victory condition (like the UN).

Ideally, as soon as SETI was built there would be a miniscule chance per turn of "contact", but if it happened the most scientifically advanced civ would win the game.

It was a small step from suggesting an improvement to editing a screenshot with Paint. It occupied a mere fraction of the time I've actually spent playing the game
                "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

That was evil done, Ray!

OK, and a little funny!

Only a little!
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

had me there for a minute until I scrolled down a bit

contact victory sounds like a really cool way to win the game for scientific civs. Maybe in an expansion pack

Comment

and I was for a minute there thinking of the parameters that would be required for a contact victory and all that

Comment

Working...
                      X