Land Grab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Grab

In my current game as the Greeks the AI actually made me laugh with its desire to expand like mad.

The Egyptians (who I have to say should be considered with caution much like Yang or Miriam in Smac. I say this because any time in any game I ask them to withdraw Cleo always says they will and then doesn't) had settlers constantly trying to reach an area of 'open' land in the heart of my empire. (it was full of jungle. I had workers clearing it but no city i it) Finally I built the city because I knew sooner or later they'd sneak one in. But then...

They dropped a settler off on a one tile coastal square and built a city! One tile! A DESERT tile! Then the romans did the SAME thing! Both cities revolted soon after. WTF? Doesn't the AI see how pointless a city like that is?
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

hehehe, well i built some to claim some desert...important later for oil. and i was right
    i like AI frenzy......compells me to act

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
      hehehe, well i built some to claim some desert...important later for oil. and i was right
      i like AI frenzy......compells me to act
      Yes, when I played the Ring World map with the Persians I started in the south-eastern corner, and my best move was to take over a big desert by building 6-7 small crappy cities that were costing me lots of gold... But then, when the Oil popped up.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

When these pointless cities revolt to your cause, I think there are two options: 1 welcome them in 2 Rebuff them. What does the 2nd one do? Does the city disband?

Comment

I dont think so. Probably just stays with the "mother" civ.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

ya, rebuffing the rebels just letem keep it.
            which is kinda a pointless option, i mean why would you turn down a city that is more than likley right in the middle of your base

Comment

why would you turn down a city that is more than likley right in the middle of your base
              ...because its name is New Karachi and that just seems a little odd between Konigsburg and Leipzig. ...one of these things is not like the other...

yes I know you can rename them. I just found it somewhat amazing that the Indians built a city (New Karachi) on a chunk of Jungle left on on the far fringe of MY continent...and after I took it and renamed it Charlottenburg (I was running low on good German names) they went and made another New Karachi a little further down....for diplomatic reasons that one stayed as is until shortly after I got Panzers
              "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

Working...
              X