No announcement yet.

max number of great leaders spawned in a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had 3 sofar in the game I am playing right now. Germans, Barbarossa of course it the first, Haven't seen Freddy yet though. But I got Ron Vichen something or other, which I found odd.
    A wise man once said, "Games are never finished, only published."

Comment

I have finished five games already on difficulties ranging from warlord to monarch and I haven't had a single leader yet. It seems like more than a bad luck....

Comment

von Richten is better known as the Red Baron, the World War I flying ace. So I don't think it's that odd

I guess the thing I've noticed is that great leaders are very raare.

Comment

As Persia on regent level I got five... Of course, it helped that I wiped out four different civilizations using modern armor vs. napolenic units... Lots and lots of offense. Funny thing, they declared war on me...

Anyway, in one of my border towns I had about ten mechanized infantry. I think the zulu sent more than 100 units against it... And while I lost three mechs, I also got two leaders... Which prompty built me the Hoover Dam and the United Nations. I'm not about to waste my leaders on making armies.

Which only goes to show - Massacring archers and impis will eventually spawn a brilliant engineer who can build a Hoover Dam in one year, instead of the 300 it would have taken otherwise. Makes sense, doesn't it? I feel so hapy Firaxis spent so much effort on thinking out logical and plausible solutions to civ 2 problems...
          Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

I had 3 as Japan my last game. Tojo, Hirohito, and Tojo (2nd time). Tojo #1 had his army killed off. I was in a huge war of attrition with the chinese on one large continent.
            Leonid

Comment

I have yet to get a great leader in my 3 games so far. The first 2 were with the persians, and I lost quite early on, but this time I'm playing with the Germans, its 1956. I'm not that warlike admittedly, but still, I want to try an army.
              Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

Five great leaders for me so far in this game, got the most recent one in the 18th century. Playing as the Romans on regent difficulty, wiped out three civs so far, year is 1886 and recently began deploying modern armor.

Tips for leader creation:
                1) Be a millitaristic civ (HUGE help)
                2) Preserve elite units. In fact, I'd go so far as to say save them for sure wins such as wounded enemies or final defender in a city. Keep elite units in defendable possitions, do not garrison them in captured towns, do not spearhead offenses with them.
                3) When captureing a capitol city, be certain to take it out with an elite unit. This is the one task I will waste elite units against because so far in this game three of my five leaders came from conquest of a capitol city.
                4) Use your first leader as an Army, and go build heroic epic ASAP.
                5) Fight a lot of offensive wars. I've never seen a leader spawn from an elite unit wining against and attacker.

Comment

Re: Re: You may just be kidding, but...

Originally posted by smellymummy

lol I agree... but what are the odds that you can reach that far down the list. If you think about it, having a GL named sid meier.... well I don't know ....
                  That file is not used by the game. Those names should never show up, even if you hit the end of your list of GL's.

Dan
                  Dan Magaha
                  Firaxis Games, Inc.
                  --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGnu
                    Which only goes to show - Massacring archers and impis will eventually spawn a brilliant engineer who can build a Hoover Dam in one year, instead of the 300 it would have taken otherwise. Makes sense, doesn't it? I feel so hapy Firaxis spent so much effort on thinking out logical and plausible solutions to civ 2 problems...
                    I think it's a real pity Firaxis had to cut corners, limiting Great People concept (including famous scientist, artist, etc.) only to Great General.

I hope there is still some room for adding them to an X-pack, six months from now.

OTOH, I'll love to know the reason because they doesn't pass the design or beta test. Anyone at Firaxis will be so kind to explain?

Dan, any hope if I thank you in advance?
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Madine
                      von Richten is better known as the Red Baron, the World War I flying ace. So I don't think it's that odd

I guess the thing I've noticed is that great leaders are very raare.
                      von richthofen

btw, I've got one, I screwed up, and lost it before I could win a battle with him. darn!

anyhow, chinese riders everywhere, and I got him just before I cleaned up the continent. Very rare. Elite units have to win, and then they have about an 8% chance! I don't think city defense victories count....can anyone confirm/deny?

Comment

Working...
                      X