max number of great leaders spawned in a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max number of great leaders spawned in a game

is there a max limit on the total number of leaders that can be spawned throughout the game..

it is been ages since my fourth leader, and i have won more battles than the total of all previous ones but no more GLs any more..

am i missing something?

Re: max number of great leaders spawned in a game

Originally posted by cort
    is there a max limit on the total number of leaders that can be spawned throughout the game..

it is been ages since my fourth leader, and i have won more battles than the total of all previous ones but no more GLs any more..

am i missing something?
    I haven't had one yet!!!
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

If each nation gets named leaders and you only get leaders appropriate to your nationality then I would expect there to be a limit.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

I've only had 2 GL in 2 games, but then again, waring haven't
        been my main occupation since I've been trying to explore the
        new ways of winning.
        There are an x number of names of great leaders for each civ in
        the editor, but I don't know if this is the maximum
        number.

Here's the facts from the editor:
        CIV: #GL Names:
        Aztecs 10
        Rome 8
        India 8
        America 7
        England 7
        Babylon 6
        Egypt 6
        Russia 6
        China 6
        Iroquis 5
        France 4
        Germany 4
        Greece 4
        Zululand 4
        Japan 3
        Persia 3

It could be that u could choose the name of next leader
        yourself? Maybe not very likely, but could be..
        Would be nice if someone reported here if they got more GL
        for "their" civ than what's listed here!!
        "- Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde
        "...men jeg kan jo brukes til så mangt, du kan jo koke lim av meg såklart. Og lime bilder inn... i minneboken din."

Comment

Originally posted by HatchetMan
          Persia 3

Persia only gets 3 !!!??? Dang, i've been playing as Persia, have only ever gotten one GL (bit of a pacifist). That seems a bit off though, Persia had plenty of GLs.... Darius, Cyrus, DariusII, Artaxerxes, Ahasuerus....
          May I be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah ive been wondering about this. I have had 6 games (3 Romans, 2 Russia, 1 France (current)) and I have not had single friggin' leader ever show up despite victories up the wazoo, lots of elite units...

LOL so i have absolutely no experience using armies, rushing wonders ..etc (and geez at the way the AI cranks out wonders.. I could have used a few.. well next time i may just demand 100 million from my neigbour buy the thing.)

Z
            "Capitalism is man exploiting man; communism is just the other way around."

Comment

In my one game I have completed (Chieftan tutorial, Romans), I retired having gotten 2 leaders.

The first I used to create an Army (3 tanks) which was rather useless as my opponents were defending with Riflemen conscripts. The second I finished a wonder with.

Built Military Academy. Of course, Military Academy does NOT create GREAT Leaders, just Army commanders. So don't expect to finish wonders with them.

Comment

I had two leaders. And I wanted to rush a wonder using one but I couldnt because I couldnt unload the 3 m.tanks he had.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

*duplicate*

Comment

In my experience, playing with a Militaristic civ REALLY improves the odds of getting a great leader. In a recent game as Japan, I got one in only my fourth or fifth victory with an elite unit, and before, playing Romans, I had two by the end of the Ancient era.

Comment

Generic

Um... relax guys. If you open your Text Folder located in your Civ3 Folder you will see a list of names for "Generic Leaders" as well. Thus this make the minimum # of leaders 17 AND if you notice towns are named "New (old town name)" so it wouldn't surprise me if Leaders were given "(old leader name) II" (their son/daughter) as well.
                      Jeff Briggs
                      Soren Johnson
                      Steve Chao
                      Jeff Morris
                      Foertchemon
                      Kevin Margo
                      Beer
                      Jake Solomon
                      Alex Kim
                      Jerome A
                      Dave Evans
                      Nick RB
                      #END

I've heard "Beer" is the best leader! You have to be at a certain age to get him, but he'll make your people happy.

Comment

The first time you get a Great Leader, don't use him to rush build a Wonder!

Make an army out of him, then go win a battle with the army. Now you can build the Heroic Epic (increases your odds of another GL, I've got two more as the Americans so far in my current game), the Military Academy (you can create more armies without needing to use a Great Leader, essential when kicking AI butt), and the Pentagon (once you have three armies in the field).

You can't build those small wonders any other way.

Comment

You may just be kidding, but...

Sorry, but having a GL named 'Beer' is just plain stupid.

I think I will be doing some editing.

Comment

Thanks for the update, pyrodrew!
                            I'm feeling a bit of a relief since i dig playing France..
                            And I think "Beer" would have to be the best leader
                            as well!!
                            "- Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde
                            "...men jeg kan jo brukes til så mangt, du kan jo koke lim av meg såklart. Og lime bilder inn... i minneboken din."

Comment

Re: You may just be kidding, but...

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                              Sorry, but having a GL named 'Beer' is just plain stupid.

I think I will be doing some editing.
                              lol I agree... but what are the odds that you can reach that far down the list. If you think about it, having a GL named sid meier.... well I don't know ....

Comment

Working...
                              X