Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LE scandal - Firaxians, there has to be an explanation to 75,000 customers!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE scandal - Firaxians, there has to be an explanation to 75,000 customers!

Now I like the game and all that, and I rarely whine. Hell, I was no.2 member of the Optimist's Club.
    There is one thing, however, that I am really pissed about - contents of LE. It took great pains to get my paws on it and what do I get:
    - tin (nice)
    - two CDs in a cardboard - unusable packaging
    - letter from Sid&Jeff (whatever....)
    - tech tree that is so small I cannot make the units out
    - manual - pathetic - try finding anything on minor wonders there

BUT
    WHERE ARE MY DESIGNER"S NOTES??????
    I was promised that and dont tell me that Sid's letter counts as one! I demand it straight away!!!!
    I always criticized people for whining about this and that, but this was the feature ADVERTISED (unlike MP) and I EXPECT it to be in!

bah! they have more important things to do. Like fix the game. Use the money they save for the designers notes and pay programmers to fix the game and make an editor.

Comment

Considering your copy of LE had to travel half the world on your expences I can say I understand your frustration

But there is worse: a guy bought the LE and there was EVERYTHING in it, except for the cd of the game...

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
        Considering your copy of LE had to travel half the world on your expences I can say I understand your frustration

But there is worse: a guy bought the LE and there was EVERYTHING in it, except for the cd of the game...

haha
        well a colleague of mine from our NY offices DHLed it to me so the shipping expenses were minimal. still, I am sitting down to write a bad one to firaxians...

edit: paiktis - are you playing it already too? my first game was with the greeks

Comment

paiktis - are you playing it already too?
          Nope not yet! (I know I'm a model for self control )

my first game was with the greeks
          Good choice! That way you didn't have to see Alexander's constipated expression throughout the game

Comment

If anyone can't get the LE version....trade me your boxed plus the 10 dollar difference and you pay for shipping. You can have mine. I haven't watched the movie, used the letter to write phone notes on...and the tin is now holding skittles. I only bought the LE because it was the only one available at my local PC store the release day. The game could have come wrapped in toliet paper or a brown paper bag...I just wanted the game!

-JD

Comment

Originally posted by Jaundice
              If anyone can't get the LE version....trade me your boxed plus the 10 dollar difference and you pay for shipping. You can have mine. I haven't watched the movie, used the letter to write phone notes on...and the tin is now holding skittles. I only bought the LE because it was the only one available at my local PC store the release day. The game could have come wrapped in toliet paper or a brown paper bag...I just wanted the game!

-JD
              Would you want to keep the skittles?

Comment

Having paid almost double what I'd pay in a local shop for pre-ordering it, my stomach is turning. I really thought the LE would be special, so I paid $73 for it, rather than wait until 16.11 and paying $40. I am still waiting for it, should be here tomorrow.

Please, let it be worth it...

On a positive note I can always house the XP box in the tin whenever that arrives. All in one box!
                To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Re: LE scandal - Firaxians, there has to be an explanation to 75,000 customers!

Originally posted by LaRusso
                  BUT
                  WHERE ARE MY DESIGNER"S NOTES??????
                  I was promised that and dont tell me that Sid's letter counts as one! I demand it straight away!!!!
                  I always criticized people for whining about this and that, but this was the feature ADVERTISED (unlike MP) and I EXPECT it to be in!
                  how can they have Designer notes when the game isn't complete yet
                  "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I sent a mail to Firaxis - no reply.
                    I am pretty sure that no one will read this, either.
                    I really enjoy playing the game but this is utter b****cks and I am really pissed off. This is NOT only Infogrames, I demand Firaxis to tell us WHY THEY DID NOT INCLUDE designer's notes.

I will stop whining about manual and tech map. They are pathetic.

Comment

that's major suckage. I avoided the tin when I read what was "special" about it. Then again, I payed ~$50 for the "regular" so....

It should really cost no more than 30 bux. that's all its worth. maybey $35 for the limited edition. I'm sure glad I've mad a downpayment on some suit's new Merc. though... woohoo! YEAH!
                      I hate Civ3!

Comment

Meh, who cares about the quality or what was promised... it's like school, finishing that "special" project 20 minutes before it's due. As a kid, I was told that I would never get away with it in junior high, but I did. I was then told I would never get away with in High School, but I did. I've been told that university won't stand for that sort of thing, but so far so good. Looks like it's no problem to pull off in the business world as well. Old wives' tale, I guess!

Comment

ditto. but we are talking about false advertising here.

Comment

It's not Firaxis' fault, it's Infograme's.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Okay. I am waiting for Firaxians to say: well we prepared those notes but evil Infogrames pulled it back.
                              Still, I have that on the cover of my tin box. NOthing inside. I rightfully demand an explanation and I am sorry if I sound repetitive and boring. I sincerely hope at least Dan will say a word.

Comment

Working...
                              X