No announcement yet.

I just don't understand some people in general forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway if they didn't thinked about MP till now, I don't think they can do it quickly.
    They've already got some of the implementation in place- check the jackal.txt and the jackal.pcx- obviously they had some of the MP done...

I love the game- I really do. It's has an excellent chance to become a worthy successor and superior timekiller- but that's the problem: it has a chance, not is. Yes, I can understand bugs in relation to hardware compatibility, obscure glitches, and the abuse that a horde of keyboard-toting fanboys can heap on a pile of code looking for ways to 'break'it (re: the 99999999 gold bug or whatever it is), but when things obviously do not work (cases in point: air superiority, fortresses), things that surely would have been noticed during playtesting or the 'numerous' hours each Firaxian played of the game- this is when I begin to get a little upset.

But then I really get pissed when I find out that basic features of the Civ franchise were completely neglected: the scenario maker, historical place settings, shipped scenarios/maps, the list goes on... If they knew that such things would not ship (which they obviously should have since the game went gold a few weeks before shipping), Firaxis should have told us. It's that simple- they knew what we were expected (hell, they acknowledged that months beforehand with coy promises of shipped scenarios and the MP), and it was their duty to inform the public that they failed to meet their's and our expectations.

I personally would have been consoled with this. I would have bought the game the day it came out, just as I did; I would have been content to play the random maps or even random placing on that hideous Earth map; I would never have gotten one shock after another right after I install the game; I never would have had to look around for the Historical Settings Option; I never would have shrugged my shoulders at that and open the Editor determined to correct a minor oversight by correctly placing the civ starting locations; I never would have been perturbed at that; I never would have then looked how to place a city and then sit there with the dawning forboding that there was something definitely missing.

It's not much to ask for really- a little informed knowledge on what I'd be spend fifty odd bucks on.

This is what pisses me off.

Comment

Working...
    X