• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another easter egg!

Some excerpts from the Civ3 chat:

[Javier_Sobrado_FIRAXIS] There's always the cow scenario
    [Immortal_Wombat1] cow scenario??
    [Mike_Breitkreutz_FIRAXIS] Javier? What are you talking about?
    [Faboba] Firaxians - Cow scenario?
    [LoQtus] so, on with the interrogation what is the deal with that cow scenario? (didn't think I would let go of it that easily, did ya?)
    [Faboba] Yeah Javier was talking about a cow scenario???????

And somewhere much earlier in the chat:

[Patrick_Dawson] I was browsing around the art and such, and tried to open menucow.pcx, but it wouldn't open. Is this a mistake?

Well, I was browsing through the art myself too, and encountered the same problem as Patrick. So I opened it up in a hex editor, and guess what? It´s a BIC file! I only then realised hearing something about cows in the chat...

Anyway, enough chit-chat:

Start Civ3 and choose "Load Scenario", go to the \Art\Civilopedia\Icons subdirectory of Civ3... find the file called menucow.pcx and open it (you could rename it to menucow.bic or something, but that´s not necessary)...

Welcome to Cow Heaven!
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Cool!

Have you tried it yet? What is it like?

Comment

It's too bad the map's so large...This P3-933 I'm running it on has a next-turn delay even on turn 2!

- Nobody

Comment

Well, it is rather simple, really. One big map of grassland with loads of Cattle resources on it. But all these resources have different kinds of cow names, quite funny really.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

oh my god!

i kept asking Mike Breitkreutz what the hell was the cow scenario but he refused to say anything! he kept saying that the answer was in front of me

btw, Patrick Dawson is also a Firaxian....
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

All have gone insane since Blizzard came up with the Cow Level in D2

Comment

Working...
            X