Open letter to Firaxis from the scenario community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schnitzelnator

That would be robbery, plain and simple.
    Why? There's no gun to head. Not even any false advertisising.

Comment

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
      You can add me to the list, but for the record, **** Firaxis.

edit by markg: great way to help this cause!
      Markos, I hope your edit was to fix an actual obscenity. If not it's childish to put your retorts inside his post...

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Legacy

Yes indeed. But you changed your handle a bit too.

Civ-wise, I've been lurking a little, playing a little SMAC, not liking it too much though. Not to mention CtP lol.

I had more or less planned to re-enter with the advent of Civ3. Too bad we're greeted with these scenario-related disappointments.

I'm not sure whether I even have an old account on these forums, I think they changed the Bulletin Board system. Maybe Markos or Dan can tell me?
        Are you the same Khan who was on early days of Poly? Or maybe at Addicted or Universe? I remember one guy who I traded e-mails with after I made some coarse comments. He was ok..once I let him know I was being mock angry...

My username has been same entire time on Poly but was George Palmer or GBPIV on Addicted/Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
          Do you have any idea when we might expect a reply? Has Firaxis indicated to you that they intend to provide one?
          no to both questions(for the moment)

so far i only got a thank you note from Dan saying he was expecting to recieve it
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by GP
            Markos, I hope your edit was to fix an actual obscenity. If not it's childish to put your retorts inside his post...
            my edit was on the word "****". our kind friend had circumvented the filter...
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Good Markos! You are in the right...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                my edit was on the word "****". our kind friend had circumvented the filter...
                What's the filter?
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Sine this has lost it's 'TOP' status...

A healthy dose of BUMP is in order to keep the cause alive.

-FMK.

Comment

I agree.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

It would seem that we are in agreement, techumseh

-FMK.

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                        Dark Cloud, where can one get your scenarios?
                        Found DC's scenarios on the homepage in his profile.

Its such a pity that these and all other scenarios are not possible in civ3 (I am now in "keep repeating the same thing a million different times and it may actually work" mode - well either work or get me banned ) )

Oh, and incidentally ... Bump

Comment

Originally posted by GP

Are you the same Khan who was on early days of Poly? Or maybe at Addicted or Universe? I remember one guy who I traded e-mails with after I made some coarse comments. He was ok..once I let him know I was being mock angry...

My username has been same entire time on Poly but was George Palmer or GBPIV on Addicted/Universe.
                          I have been on Apolyton a long time back in the Civ2 (Scenario) days... 1996 and later I think, I was known as "El Khan" and also "Ayatollah Khan". Early days indeed.

The SLeague is still being hosted by Apolyton... I hope to return to Scenarios when the proper tools for Civ3 get here. In the meantime, I'm getting to know the game by actually playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader

Yeah, I've already boycotted this game, and Firaxis. All you suckers who bought the game have just encouraged them to be @$$holes. Thanks a lot!
                            Maybe some people don't care about MP or the editor. I guess they are "suckers" because they don't like the same as you?

Yeah right.

Comment

Oops, I forgot to mention my scenarios. Here they go:

World in 2000
                              Falklands' War
                              Korean War
                              Current World
                              Rome rules

Comment

I think he was reffering to people who liked scenarios and MP who bought it anyway...and yes it does encourage them to be *******s.
                                "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X