No announcement yet.

Civ3 Gameplay Issues List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip on changing the tech rates. Any guidelines on what I should change the values to for a standard sized map so that I have modern equipment by at least 1930s? Is there anyway of calculating this?

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
      I have had galleys sink.

I think there is supposed to be an issue of Lighthouse(d) galleys not sinking in ocean squares, when they should. The Lighthouse is only supposed to let them travel in sea squares safely.
      I have a galley still trolling around in the ocean and so do the other civs and they seem to be ok. I don't know if this is because of being on the Warlord level....
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Use the editor to change the tech rates on the different-size maps. This will speed up/slow production to your heart's content. There is no need for Firaxis to worry about this.
        I believe Dan said that Soren said a 32 turn limit is the max. A player was trying to get this 32 raised since they claimed they were able to get the 32 down to 5 (too low for him) in ancient times.

* AI never seems to want to continue trading past 20 turns.
        This is SMART for the AI to do. As I explained elsewhere often as time goes on the AI will meet other civilizations. So instead of paying for your horses at 25 gold/turn it might find the Iroquois offering horses at 15 gold/turn. Thus he's shopping for the best deal. And I've experienced the opposite which is smart too. I was paying them 17 gold/turn for spices after 20turns the AI ended it & now wanted 19 gold/turn. The AI made me somewhat dependent on those spices AND since I was now earning more (from having a larger & more successful society) it was very logical for me to pay 19 gold/turn. We want a SMART AI.

Tactical Nukes...
        are EXTREMELY weak unfortunately. It's like dropping a cloud of smoke which costs $1billion dollars.

AI seems to get a bonus when attacking
        Soren already said many many many times the AI gets no combat bonuses.

AI seems to know when a city is unoccupied, even when there are no units in range to "see" a given city is unoccupied.
        This must be fixed if true... someone mentioned how they used this against the AI by constantly tricking it. I'm more worried about people exploiting this rather than whether it would be considered AI cheating.

I think there is supposed to be an issue of Lighthouse(d) galleys not sinking in ocean squares, when they should. The Lighthouse is only supposed to let them travel in sea squares safely.
        The Civilopedia states the Lighthouse makes all of the owners ships travel safely in ocean & sea squares. They did this because the Lighthouse *sucked* in Civ2. Now it's actually a good wonder.

Comment

Working...
        X