Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No NO NO NO NO NO

No public works. I hate that!

I love the concept of workers. I really LOVE the idea of stealing them!

The problem with the public works system is both its lack of control, and its minimization. I like my workers. Don't touch them.

The problem isn't the workers themselves, its the massive number of them that end of getting accumalated by both players.

Plus now that we have borders creating an area where we can see everything all the time, we are forced to watch more moves.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I'd rather not hide ALL workers, how about just automated ones?
      That works for me.

Also, I noticed there's a build a road to x city worker command. Is there a command to build a road from current location to a then chosen spot on the map?
      Yup. The RoadTo command (Ctrl-R?) changes the cursor to a square tile overlay. When you click on a tile, the worker starts building in that direction.

The IrrigateTo command (Ctrl-I) is also quite nice for bringing water into an area.

I also concur with Trachmir about the options for workers similar to those of city governors. Late in the game I want roads/rails/pollution but don't want the silly computer spending time irrigating my mines and mining my farmland. Just add a worker section under the domestic advisor, or even another tab under the governor section.
      If we could have this AND the ability to tag certain squares for improvement (useful in the early game), I'd be happy.

- Nobody

Comment

Working...
      X