Enemy Bombers: Invulnerable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post the direct link.

I and many other users have "turned off" signatures.

Comment

I checked stealth fighter in the editor. Interceptions is NOT checked. Maybe this box should be checked and that will fix the problem

Comment

What about the standard fighter... is interceptions checked there?

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Originally posted by freezuch
          You CAN'T load cruise missiles on anything. Only Nukes can be loaded on nuclear submarine.
          They are one shot artillery. The game treats them as ground units. (So, you can load on transports....)
          We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

Stealth Fighters can't perform air superiority missions. Given the fact they use a picture of an F-117 instead of a F-22 like in Civ2 that's "realistic"

BTW, you can make the subs carry cruise missiles if you set its tactical missile flag in the editor. I also make it so the battleship and AEGIS can carry them as well, and make it so you can airlift them as well as well as bumping the range up to 4.

Soren, is there a bug with the precision bombing? I can only target my own cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyromancer

They are one shot artillery. The game treats them as ground units. (So, you can load on transports....)

I am not at that point yet, but can someone verify if you can shoot a cruise missile while it's on a transport? This way, the transport will be the dedicated missile destroyer of my soon-to-be modern fleet.

Comment

Back to the original topic...

I'll repost what I said in another thread, because Soren seems to be monitoring this one. I played a game where 3 of my cities each had 2 fighters and were being bombarded every turn for 20 or so turns--not a single successful interception. Regular bombers, regular fighters, no stealth.

I have yet to see a successful interception.

Comment

What about the Precision bombing? First, I couldn't use precision bombing against the enemy city. Then I thought I might need to Investigate the city that I am about to launch the precision bombing.

But no matter what I did, either investigate first or not the Icon did not change to the bombing icon and it did not work.

I'm getting tired to find an answer about all this bombing, fighter stuff. I can only hope that maybe all these confusion and bugs had been discussed and aswered at the chat session with Soren today.

Comment

fighters/jet fighters

so.. bombers (normal ones) have a 50% chance of being intercepted? is that same percentage when they do a bombing run against a city that is defended by modern jet fighters with air to air missiles and radar / when the city has SAM missile battery?
                    if it is.. why

Comment

Bug.

I foolishly built a fleet of about 15 F-15s to compliment my horde of stealth bombers.

Too bad they're completely useless for two reasons:

1) They can't intercept **** due to the bug (and yes it's a bug, I had an enemy Civ launch 9 bombers at a single city (which btw had every single f-15 I owned .. that's to say 15 of them all set to air superiority - I quadruple checked to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong) for 6 turns in a row. The AI targetted tiles immediately in the citiy's radius and the city itself and I never had a single interception.

2) Precision bombing is bugged too - you can't target any city but your OWN cities with precision bombing - LOL. Let's see, guess there'd be NO REASON WHATSOEVER for a player to want to precision bomb any cities but his own .

Speaking of bugs, I ran into another nasty bug that basically gives you more money then you could ever spend. I think I'll go devote a thread to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X