Enemy Bombers: Invulnerable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis

whoops... sorry for the confusion. Regular submarines cannot carry anything, including Cruise Missiles...
    Sounds like Catch 22! So which subs carry Tomahawks? (Note Avatar)

GP taps foot...

Comment

I lost twice on Regent level even though was winning easily on Prince level in Civ2. Then I followed the suggestion from the manual to drop my level a bit and succefully won space race on Warlord. I guess everyone lost at least once in Civ3 as it's totally different from the rest. Love this game though(even corruption can't take the fun of playing).

Comment

Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis
        I am following this thread with interest for the patch.

Let me spell a few things out. Bombers have a 50% chance of being interecepted if you set your fighter on Air Superiority. The "interception range" of a Fighter is half of its Operational Range. Stealth Bombers, however, have only a 5% chance of being intercepted.

Thus, if the AI attacks you with a lot of Stealth Bombers, you will probably rarely see them be intercepted.

So, what have people experienced?

So is that why some people have complained that the Intercept didn't work? what happens if never does? what about the Coastal Fortress not firing at Enemy ships closeby?

Can we adjust the percentage in the rules?

-LMP

Comment

Somebody with the game, please clarify. Do any subs carry cruise missiles?

Comment

No sub do not carry missile only nuclear sub. (manual - page 78 top paragraph)the cruise missile itself acting strange cannot go over the sea.

About interception. Now I changed my strategy of playing. Rather than waiting my stupid fighter to intercept, I use some of my fighter for bombing, thus when interception by computer occurs my plane can shoot them down.

that's my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
              Somebody with the game, please clarify. Do any subs carry cruise missiles?
              They only carry tac. nukes.

-Alech
              "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Sorry can't edit my post so I post again

No sub do not carry missile only nuclear sub. (manual - page 78 top paragraph)the cruise missile itself acting strange cannot go over the sea.

About interception. Now I changed my strategy of playing. Rather than waiting my stupid fighter to intercept, I use some of my fighter for bombing, thus when interception by computer occurs my plane can shoot them down.

that's my 2 cents.

Comment

But cruise missiles are carried on subs irl.

Which units carry cruise missiles.

Comment

I'm trying to find that out too. I have tried load it to air carrier but unsuccesful. So I'm confused what the heck is this cruise missile for.

In civ 2 you can load it to sub marine up to 2 missiles of any kind!

if you find out let me know too.

Comment

I don't have the game yet.

Comment

You CAN'T load cruise missiles on anything. Only Nukes can be loaded on nuclear submarine.

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
                          So if you're being attacked by stealth bombers it's possible to score not a single hit. But if this non intercept happens with ordinary bombers someone must have forgotten to place a comma in the intercept formula.
                          Silly European, American is an English-speaking country: we Anglos use periods as decimals. So do programming languages, incidentally, unless there are other language compilers with decimals (come to think of it, there probably are, I've just never heard of non-English compilers).
                          Your.Master

High Lord of Good

You are unique, just like everybody else.

Comment

firaxis
                            can u please herry up with a quick fix for the interception problem.
                            its ruin the game!!! i have no defence against those bombers!plzzzzzz....

Comment

Why are the subs the same speed when the description says for the nuke sub says its faster?
                              The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

I know- don't know why the subs are the same speed (probably late development change).

Check out my mod for increased sub attributes- click my sig:

Comment

Working...
                                X