Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that there is too much corruption in Civ III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think that there is too much corruption in Civ III?

Do you think that corruption is too much in Civ III and should be fixed in the next patch? Do you think it is fine the way it is? Only those with Civ III please vote.
    Yes, It needs to be fixed in the first patch!!!!
    38.10%
    No, it is fine the way it is.
    50.79%
    Dont really know
    11.11%
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

They've been doing a pretty good job patching it so far, but it could still use some working.
    "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

i think that it's managable in Democracy and Communism, but in Despotism it's simply insane. Monarchy isn't much of an improvement, and the whole "no pop killing" rush system makes monarchy much less attractive.

in my opinion, monarchy should have the same corrutpion levels as a republic, but a republic should make 1.5x as much money (democracy has 2x right?) that way republic makes more money than a monarchy, but monarchy has much less corruption than a democracy. maybe i'll mod that now.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

but a republic should make 1.5x as much money (democracy has 2x right?) that way republic makes more money than a monarchy, but monarchy has much less corruption than a democracy. maybe i'll mod that now.
        1) Republic and democracy has the exact same bonus. It's one more trade for each tiles which is already producing another trade.

2) The democracy has actually the lowest corruption of all gvt.
        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the corruption levels.
          I don't think Firaxis should change corruption significantly becuase its so easy to change the corruption yourself using the editor.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by UberKruX
            i think that it's managable in Democracy and Communism, but in Despotism it's simply insane. Monarchy isn't much of an improvement, and the whole "no pop killing" rush system makes monarchy much less attractive.

this might be a reason why you have to switch to democracy

don't tell me there are too many gov's now hey
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
              in my opinion, monarchy should have the same corrutpion levels as a republic, but a republic should make 1.5x as much money (democracy has 2x right?) that way republic makes more money than a monarchy, but monarchy has much less corruption than a democracy. maybe i'll mod that now.
              According to alexman's cprruption study, republic and monarchy do have the same corruption rate. The advantage for the republic is the one extra trade per square that has one trade.
              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

It has been so long seen I posted this thread tha I forgot about it untill you guys posted stuff in here. I put this up a couple of weeks after Civ3 came out. But if you dont like corruption you can always change it in the editor.
                Donate to the American Red Cross.
                Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

It's a hot topic.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

there should be an option of "yes a little too much". i still dont really like how much there is, but i dont think it is as bad as i did when civ3 first came out.
                    The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                      It has been so long seen I posted this thread tha I forgot about it untill you guys posted stuff in here. I put this up a couple of weeks after Civ3 came out. But if you dont like corruption you can always change it in the editor.
                      I've been reading through the old posts ( I like nostalgia) and I thought that this thread was still relevant. I wanted to reply, and I wanted to see others reply as well. That's why I answered it. Its a good topic.
                      "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

I do not find the corruption enjoyable at all ...

But I don't have any really better ideas for limiting empire size. I think it does that job fairly well. Its pretty much just like the riot factor in Civ2 deity ... a pain, but you can work around it.

So I don't like it, but I don't have any better idea that would be significantly different. Its ok.

But man was it a shock first game!
                        Good = Love, Love = Good
                        Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Originally posted by nato
                          I agree.

Comment

Monarchy and Republic have the same corruption by distance (in some cases Republic is 1% better). It is corruption by number of cities where they vary.

Comment

Originally posted by nato

But I don't have any really better ideas for limiting empire size. I think it does that job fairly well. Its pretty much just like the riot factor in Civ2 deity ... a pain, but you can work around it.

this is causing the problem, i.e. no one has got one!!(yet?)

same goes for ICS? REX?
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X