Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that there is too much corruption in Civ III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. I find corruption tolerable.
    but then, I've modded it so there are more corruption fighting bldgs. (pre-1.21)

that way, you can expand your empire, but only if you are willing to spend on infrastructure (more developer friendly game). straight warmongers just raze everything so there's no stopping them but warmonger imperialists get slowed down since they can't have their cake and eat it too.

the tough bit is getting anything built in the frontier city in the first place, but that's the challenge. i build up a powerful core that generates $$, which i then spend (invest) on a frontier city, one at a time. Once that city is up to 75% production (in less than 10 turns usually), move to the next most promising one. To get the pop up to make it useful quickly, use workers, thus avoiding carrying improvement costs without benefit. If you improve one city at a time, it really helps, rather than doing them all just a bit.
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I think its perfect as it is!

NOW WHERES MY CASH SID?
      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

I don' think corruption is that big a problem in the game, never had it become unbearable. Then again, I don't have 50 cities spread accross a giga-map after the 1st 100 turns
        A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Corruption is just fine as it now is. Its ment to be that way.

People dont seem to understand that this is CIV 3; not any CtP crap or civ1-2.

Whiners should stick to these games, and quit the corruption nag.

Comment

the problem with corruption and pollution in Civ3 is not there is too much, it is that you can't control it. at least it was so before 1.21. with 1.21 I can actually see the combo courthouse/p. station get some improvement. however I still think that both corruption and pollution should be clearly quantified in the game, as well as the benefits of the city improvements designed to offset its results. as an example courthouse would decrease corruption by 30 % and p. station by an additional 30 %. this would ensure that a city producing 10-11 shields would loose only 4-5 shields instead of spending the all game collecting 1 shield only. so corruption would always exist but at least it could become manageable.
            delfino

Comment

Working...
            X