Civ III is probably the greatest game we will ever see in our lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III is probably the greatest game we will ever see in our lifetime

I have never seen a game with so much polish, so much heart-felt dedication than Civ III. The AI is excellent, the game is engrossing, the diplomacy is better than I ever dreamed, the graphics are nice, the music is beautiful, replay value is truly infinite, everything is perfectly balanced, it is simply the most fun I have had with a game I can ever recall. There are virtually no flaws, no major bugs, nothing one could possibly complain about. The lack of MP on paper sounds like a bad thing, but the above-and-beyond the call of duty effort Firaxis has taken to perfect the single player game more than makes up for it. Firaxis could have put together a game half as good as Civ III and it still would have been an extremely good game, and sold like hotcakes, but they went to ungodly lengths to make the Civilization III experience one that is truly unforgettable. I thank the maker for the oppurtunity to experience this wonderful moment. In the course of human history, only a very small percent will ever get to play Civ III and I am thankful that I was one of the lucky ones. To all whom find themself at least somewhat in agreement, please keep this near the top, so newbie lurkers may be made aware of the ecstasy that is Civ III.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Yeah it's ok, I guess...

*PoutSniffle*

Comment

Re: Civ III is probably the greatest game we will ever see in our lifetime

Originally posted by monkspider
      everything is perfectly balanced
      Hey it's cool that you really like it, but there's no way you can justify that statement after like 48 hours with the game.

Comment

Planning on dying soon?

What games HAVE you played?

Comment

You know you're right! And to prove that it's polished and perfect, here's a screenshot of the Western European portion of one of the world maps included with this most perfect game. I've added the lettering so you'll know where you are in all that ecstasy.
          Attached Files
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Your point? So the map isn't to your liking means it isn't polished? What are you, nuts?

And, I'd like to point out... Europe is actually very very small compared to the rest of the world.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Honestly now: Don't take the "above-and-beyond the call of duty" line. You'll only get crushed.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Your point? So the map isn't to your liking means it isn't polished? What are you, nuts?

And, I'd like to point out... Europe is actually very very small compared to the rest of the world.
                You're kidding, right?
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                  You know you're right! And to prove that it's polished and perfect, here's a screenshot of the Western European portion of one of the world maps included with this most perfect game. I've added the lettering so you'll know where you are in all that ecstasy.
                  BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Even civ2 was capable of a semi accurate map of europe... You know, in terms of hexes, I *think* the size capability has shrunk? Are the maps smaller than in civ2?

I mean honestly, look at that map... inexcusable at the least.

Comment

Glad to see you think so highly of the game and are enjoying it, Monkspider. It is indeed alot of fun.

It's sad to see the same posters on this forum over and over state the same problems and how faulty the game is. You would think they'd just return it and leave the forums if it's such a crappy game. Why I even continue to read forums is beyond me, because the majority are those whining about how maps aren't scaled realistically in a video game. Then again I like reading posts such as yours to see if people are having as much fun as I am.

Comment

And to prove that it's polished and perfect, here's a screenshot of the Western European portion of one of the world maps included with this most perfect game
                      And I moved all the way from London to New Zealand for a bit of sunshine...

Look...London is at the same latitude as central spain on that world map...

I feel completely justified never having gone to one of those sunny spanish clubbing resorts for my holidays during my twenties!

The map is...well...a bit rubbish isn't it. I can't say that Firaxis seem to be following a total quality philosophy here.

Come on you mapmakers...let's do better than this.

Comment

Agreed. They barely got ANY maps out the door to begin with. Obviously enough.
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Siej
                          It's sad to see the same posters on this forum over and over state the same problems and how faulty the game is. You would think they'd just return it and leave the forums if it's such a crappy game.

I was thinking that same exact point!! If you hate it, return it and don't post here anymore.
                          I really don't understand some of these people.
                          "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                          "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

I have yet to meet anybody on these forums who hates the game. I have, however, met many concerned fans who think the game can be (and should have been) a lot better.

Now, if they think the game can't be fixed, they should likely accept that fact or leave. True enough.

But if they are complaining about things that should be and could likely be fixed if 'the public' makes it an issue, then they have EVERY right to be here.

This is not just a place to post lavish praise.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                              I have, however, met many concerned fans who think the game can be (and should have been) a lot better.

I'm assuming that you still have hope then. What do you think the chances are that Firaxis will listen?? My opinion, is that they will resist any major changes but you never know.

Well, I know you've had a rough ride here from many (myself included) hopefully, in time, perhaps your efforts will pay off and you too will be able to enjoy the game. But in the mean time, I reserve the right to become frustrated with your lack of faith and from time to time will vent these feelings in a post or two!!
                              "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                              "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Working...
                              X