Can't Irrigate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Irrigate

What's up with the irrigation in this game??
    Sometimes my workers just cant irrigate, even though im beside water.
    anyone else have this problem?

Have be beside FRESH water. That is rivers, lakes... not ocean.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not bad - actually a good idea.
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Ohhhhhh i see.

Well how do you determine what's an ocean? how big can a patch of water be without it being an ocean?

Comment

Ocean is pretty obvious, I think . You could always left click, I think.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Ok, in the game im playing now, i have a lake beside a coastal city, about 10 squares vertically, and 3 squares horizontally, yet my worker cant irrigate. whats wrong here?

Comment

You sure that it is fresh water?

Is it forest area?

Comment

yeah, its a lake with "coast" water, and on the top of the lake (no where near where im irrigating) there are about 3 squares of "sea" water.

Yeah, there's a little bit of forest around the area too, but i cant irrigate on the plains or grassland.

Comment

well, if there's sea water in it, it probably counts as a salt water lake. no good for anything except pickled cabbages

Comment

There seems to be some bugs in the info, however, for certain squares. This has already been reported.

I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

No, the 3 squares of sea water that are in the lake are at the TOP of lake, im trying to irrigate on the bottom of the lake using the COAST water, and ive used that same water to irrigate to my other cities, but it wont work now.

Comment

Look at the image. The lake is being reported as Coast, in which case you might not be able to use it as 'fresh' water. Now as for how you did before and it won't now ... no ideas. But there seems to be some trouble with the comp knowing which water is which.
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

will it be possible for me to attach a screenshot and show you guys where i cant irrigate?

Comment

First, is the lake adjacent square reporting "coast" as in this case? That's an important first question. For uploading screens, there's an 'attach file' function at the bottom of your posting screen. Try to keep the file small(ish), however, just for the sake of load times.

Comment

yes, the square adjacent is a "coast square".
                              so im trying to irrigate on a grassland/plains which are adjacent to a COAST square.

Comment

Working...
                              X